GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since my wonderful experience of being stranded twice by my brand new equinox, it has been running for a few days.

Twice now, though, it has not started...but thankfully i've been able to get it to start on the second turn of the key.

Bringing it in monday morning to have it looked at again, and also look at the power steering squeel.

just hope it keeps starting until then...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good luck, keep us posted on what they find.

·
Registered
39 Posts
djmodifyd said:
Well, since my wonderful experience of being stranded twice by my brand new equinox, it has been running for a few days.

Twice now, though, it has not started...but thankfully i've been able to get it to start on the second turn of the key.

Bringing it in monday morning to have it looked at again, and also look at the power steering squeel.

just hope it keeps starting until then...
I'd keep pushing the dealer to make it right, and start looking into Lemon Laws if they don't.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NateDC said:
I'd keep pushing the dealer to make it right, and start looking into Lemon Laws if they don't.
so far they are trying. I really think it has to do with my keys...maybe i have a bad set. There are a few threads on here with people having starting problems...and it was the key (same symptoms of mine)

i'll mention that to the dealer monday. (i also hope they can fix the power steering issue which so many people seem to have)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
djmodifyd said:
so far they are trying. I really think it has to do with my keys...maybe i have a bad set. There are a few threads on here with people having starting problems...and it was the key (same symptoms of mine)

i'll mention that to the dealer monday. (i also hope they can fix the power steering issue which so many people seem to have)
I suspect either a bad key or a dead/weak cell in the battery. I managed to lose one set of my keys already, and the new one I had made at the dealership is hard to get into the ignition and doesn't always start on the first try. Also, newer vehicles with all the electronic controls absolutely demand a perfect battery or they won't even try to start...the days of a weak battery turning the engine over slowly and dim headlights seem to be over.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NoobNox said:
I suspect either a bad key or a dead/weak cell in the battery. I managed to lose one set of my keys already, and the new one I had made at the dealership is hard to get into the ignition and doesn't always start on the first try. Also, newer vehicles with all the electronic controls absolutely demand a perfect battery or they won't even try to start...the days of a weak battery turning the engine over slowly and dim headlights seem to be over.
thanks..thats making me feel better in my thoughts of it being the key.

i'd much rather it be a 200 dollar key than the 35000 dollar vehicle :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
djmodifyd said:
thanks..thats making me feel better in my thoughts of it being the key.

i'd much rather it be a 200 dollar key than the 35000 dollar vehicle :)
LOL check ebay if you need more keys.

I've purchased a set of 2 (TWO) brand new uncut keyfob for the Terrain for 40$CDN including shipping.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer looked at it yesterday...found one of the key fobs is bad (as i suspected). they got the vehicle to act up and not start with one of the keys but not the other one.

They also ordered new power steering lines to take care of the squeel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts