GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I bought a vehicle with no block heater. Took my dealers word for it that there was one only to find out later there was not. Anyway, I have bought the appropriate part but can not figure out how or where the heck to install it. I've searched everywhere and have come up with nothing. Even my dad looked at the engine and couldn't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigb12359 said:
Hi ,

If you have access to fax machine , I will fax you a picture , is the engine a 2.4 or 3.0 ?? :cheers:
Unfortunately I don't. Any way you could scan it and email it?

Its the 2.4 4cylinder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any luck with that scan?

Also, anyone else have any information on doing this that I could use? Anything is appreciated?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got it. That's the best info I've found on how or where to install this thing. So to get at it, I need to remove the plastic cover and the O2 sensor and the spot to install it is underneath that on the back side of the motor correct?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it. Thanks again for all the info. Got the block heater a while ago but never installed it because couldn't figure out how. Thankfully, since the vehicle was parked in the garage last winter, we made it through. Don't want to chance it again because you never know when you might need it. I really appreciate this as there seems to be no information anywhere on how to install the block heater. Now I just need to get it done.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
bmnc1979 said:
Got it. Thanks again for all the info. Got the block heater a while ago but never installed it because couldn't figure out how. Thankfully, since the vehicle was parked in the garage last winter, we made it through. Don't want to chance it again because you never know when you might need it. I really appreciate this as there seems to be no information anywhere on how to install the block heater. Now I just need to get it done.
Might you be able to post the instructions on the forum ?

THX

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bigb12359 said:
hi ,

Sorry I can't ,

send fax # via pm :cheers:
If it's ok with you, I could scan it and post it. Our scanner at work is down at the moment as we just had a big office move but I could do it some time this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts