GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Equinox group; new member, first post.

Several months ago my Low Brake Fluid light came on. A few weeks later, my Service Stability Track light came on, then I noticed my Cruise Control stopped working.

Brake fluid level is in the middle of the reservoir and brakes are working perfectly.
Brake pads are not overly worn, by visual inspection, on this 33,300 mile 4cyl vehicle that was purchased new in August 2009.
No noises or pulling under hard braking.

Stability Track turns off and on without problem and testing by hard acceleration and hard braking on wet pavement caused no squirrelly movements and the vehicle seems to be tracking fine.

I took it to my mechanic who said, since my pads are in good shape, maybe a brake line flush would stop the Low Brake Fluid warning, but probably wouldn’t correct my Cruise control problem.

I really miss the cruise control, but everything else seems to be working just fine.

Could all these things be related?

Before I take it to a dealer and have it hooked up to the computer, any thoughts/advice?
Thanks,

·
Registered
530 Posts
Brake fluid sensor is a float inside the fluid reservoir. Sometimes they can stick. Since resevoir is not empty I'd top it off with the correct fluid and see if warning goes off since pads are in good shape. A low brake fluid warning will shut down other systems as a safety default.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally drove the Nox again and added some brake fluid. All problems solved!
Thank you repairman54!

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Finally drove the Nox again and added some brake fluid. All problems solved!
Thank you repairman54!

Brake fluid operates as a close system, it could have gone down due to wear of your brake pads, but more likely you have a leak. Keep an eye on the fluid level. If it goes down again, get the leak fixed...quick !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brake fluid operates as a close system, it could have gone down due to wear of your brake pads, but more likely you have a leak. Keep an eye on the fluid level. If it goes down again, get the leak fixed...quick !
Will do, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts