GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Have a 2010 Equinox 2LT, 4 cyl/FWD. Bought it in November, has 5500 mi. on it.

Noticed this for the first time today: when I cranked the car this afternoon and put it in reverse, the tranny shifted into gear normally, backed up out of the parking lot at work. When I put it in to Drive, the tranny did shift into gear but the entire vehicle jolted/jerked when it went into Drive. Never felt this before, the thing would just slip into gear nearly imperceptibly until today. Transmission shifted smooth as silk on the drive home though.

Today it was exceptionally hot (over 100F) when I cranked it, and the car had been sitting in the sun all day long. The car is my wife's daily driver, normally it's in the garage during the day and only is used for errands. It doesn't stay out in the sun/heat like this. My daily driver is an 05 Mazda3 and it's always been a bit gruff going into Drive or Reverse (similar to what I experienced today). But, that tranny has done that since day one; never felt this in any GM car to be honest and definitely not in this vehicle.

The tranny had a TCM flash update back in December to address the deceleration/drag issue others have griped about and shifts were smoother than ever after that. Except for an oil change last week and a visit yesterday to get an airbag warning light issue addressed (loose connector under the driver's seat), nothing mechanically has gone wrong with the car. The only other "incident" with it was some bad spark knock that vanished on it's own.

The technician did have to clear out the trouble codes due to the airbag fault, but I drove the car around all yesterday on errands and it did not jerk like this when put into Drive.

Anything to be concerned about?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes, take it to your dealer.

What are the RPMs when you are shifting? Are they the normal 800 or so, or higher?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tnmats said:
Hi all,

Have a 2010 Equinox 2LT, 4 cyl/FWD. Bought it in November, has 5500 mi. on it.

Noticed this for the first time today: when I cranked the car this afternoon and put it in reverse, the tranny shifted into gear normally, backed up out of the parking lot at work. When I put it in to Drive, the tranny did shift into gear but the entire vehicle jolted/jerked when it went into Drive. Never felt this before, the thing would just slip into gear nearly imperceptibly until today. Transmission shifted smooth as silk on the drive home though.

Today it was exceptionally hot (over 100F) when I cranked it, and the car had been sitting in the sun all day long. The car is my wife's daily driver, normally it's in the garage during the day and only is used for errands. It doesn't stay out in the sun/heat like this. My daily driver is an 05 Mazda3 and it's always been a bit gruff going into Drive or Reverse (similar to what I experienced today). But, that tranny has done that since day one; never felt this in any GM car to be honest and definitely not in this vehicle.

The tranny had a TCM flash update back in December to address the deceleration/drag issue others have griped about and shifts were smoother than ever after that. Except for an oil change last week and a visit yesterday to get an airbag warning light issue addressed (loose connector under the driver's seat), nothing mechanically has gone wrong with the car. The only other "incident" with it was some bad spark knock that vanished on it's own.

The technician did have to clear out the trouble codes due to the airbag fault, but I drove the car around all yesterday on errands and it did not jerk like this when put into Drive.

Anything to be concerned about?
Typically 800-1000. Nothing excessively high. I also tried it when at traffic light and the vehicle has warmed up. No difference.

I'll give it a few weeks first, to see if there's something with the airbag code clear that had something to do with it. For all I know the codes being cleared out is making the TCM relearn everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts