GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have a 2010 Equinox that I purchased in July 2009. I have noticed an issue with the date and am wondering anyone has had the problem. The date is always a few days behind. Even when I reset it, after a few days it falls behind again.

Thoughts? Thaks!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Sidney said:
Hello.

I have a 2010 Equinox that I purchased in July 2009. I have noticed an issue with the date and am wondering anyone has had the problem. The date is always a few days behind. Even when I reset it, after a few days it falls behind again.

Thoughts? Thaks!
When I read the topic post I thought you were going to say you couldn't get a date because you drove a Nox
I.ve had no problems with my date display other than I couldn't figure out how to change it from day,month year to month day year. got it figured out

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I wonder if this is a problem with the radio itself.
from a school project yrs ago- I remember the 555 timing chip.
They probably use that one chip to keep time.
I wonder if its a bad chip- thats too slow- and your time goes off..
In such a case- replacing the radio (is this were the time is displayed?) would be the solution. warranty of course

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_timer_IC

On a side note....
By the way--- If youd have said your house-- I would say to check stuff---Household clocks that plug into the wall- use the 160 HZ signal to keep track of time- since its always close to 160 Hz.
I found this an issue some years ago-- when a clock I had would always display the wrong time after several days.
I eventually figured out the problem. This clock was plugged into a power strip- which also had an aquarium pump plugged in.
I think it was the motor that was somehow altering 160Hz- and changing the speed at which the clock kept time.
When I put the clock on another outlet- kept time nicely. Put it back-- time changed over a few days.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The time is probably received via satellite.
No idea why the date would be off?
Strange, sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order.

rbarrios, the 555 timer is just a pulse (square wave or other frequency) generator.
Other discrete components, such as counter IC's, are required to make it useful as a clock.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Can you explain the time signal via satellite...
are there some factory radios out there with this feature I dont know about?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
rbarrios said:
Can you explain the time signal via satellite...
are there some factory radios out there with this feature I dont know about?
there is a topic on here that was posted awhile back that some radio had a automatic time feature in them.. you know the time would change for daylight savings time etc...
Shame that you didn't know about it

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
nope dont know about...
Dont have a Nox or Terrain either--- yet 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts