GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting code P0010 on my 2010 Equinox 4cyl. Camshaft position actuator sensor. I'm at 80k miles so not completely shocking.

Occasional engine stalls/rough running, lack of power while accelerating (moreso than normal), and worse than normal mpg.

Has anyone replaced this sensor? I did a visual on the engine block but don't see it at first glance.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Brought to dealer, swallowed the $119.95 :mad: diagnostic fee... and told them to have at it.

turns out, the sensor was in fact in need of replacement, but it was covered under Powertrain warranty. Surprising, but hey who am I to disagree. :)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
severity845 said:
Update: Brought to dealer, swallowed the $119.95 :mad: diagnostic fee... and told them to have at it.

turns out, the sensor was in fact in need of replacement, but it was covered under Powertrain warranty. Surprising, but hey who am I to disagree. :)
I am surprised that you would have to pay a diagnostic fee for warranty work. Doesn't seem right. Did you push back on the charge ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RIT333 said:
I am surprised that you would have to pay a diagnostic fee for warranty work. Doesn't seem right. Did you push back on the charge ?
They waived the diagnostic fee once it was determined it was a warranty-covered issue. my balance was $0.00

the one other time i brought it in for an issue (hood latch), they also charged the diagnostic fee. that was not warranty work, so i had to pay it. Dealer said flat out it would not diagnose without charging the fee. they took the charge off of the final bill, so i'm thinking that is just the dealer's way of covering the labor charge of looking into a problem and the customer deciding not to have the repair done. To me, that is just the cost of doing business...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
severity845,

I am glad you were able to have your concern resolved. Yes, as RIT333 stated, you should not have to pay for warranty work but you are subject to a fee until they determine it is warranty.

Erica Tiffany
GMC Customer Service

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just had my 2010 Nox in for the same code. Odd thing is I used a ELM327 2 weeks ago and it spat out P0043 (O2 sensor voltage). Check engine light was a on-again-off again thing. Short runs (multiple stops) in the cold and it spat out. Did a few long runs and it went away. Figured it was the P0043. To your point I brought it in ( I have extended ), they did the work. Walked out $0. btw I have 61k km on a I4.

Sweet. ;D

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
GM Customer Svc said:
severity845,

I am glad you were able to have your concern resolved. Yes, as RIT333 stated, you should not have to pay for warranty work but you are subject to a fee until they determine it is warranty.

Erica Tiffany
GMC Customer Service
Erica - to protect the innocent, I have changed my "name" to RIT - but don't worry, because I'll bet that I have called you Tiffany several times !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this happen at 109K. Thought my extended would take care of it. DENIED. What a bunch of crap!! $280 to fix. Is this an easy fix? I am a fairly competent mechanic. If I change it myself will I be able to reset the check engine light?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Mitch54 said:
Had this happen at 109K. Thought my extended would take care of it. DENIED. What a bunch of crap!! $280 to fix.
As a general rule GM Powertrain Warranty is 5 years/100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
This is what my 2014 is, the later 2016-2017's have changed.
Check your Owners Manual for your particular year and model, or your dealer.

So depending on what date your vehicle was put into service you could be as much as 2 years out of warranty.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Mitch54 said:
Had this happen at 109K. Thought my extended would take care of it. DENIED. What a bunch of crap!! $280 to fix. Is this an easy fix? I am a fairly competent mechanic. If I change it myself will I be able to reset the check engine light?
uh . .. a 7 year old car. .. .109,000 miles and even if it does cost $280 that is pretty low maintenance cost for a 7 year old high mileage vehicle.

Plus, yes, a pretty simple replacement if you do it yourself. Google it's location and price, or use the "Search" box above.

Here's a video for a 2008 2.4L in a Malibu. Pretty much the same thing:

" http://www.youtube.com/embed/YCNRrv4r2Uk[/color] "[/color]

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
JayTee2014 said:
uh . .. a 7 year old car. .. .109,000 miles and even if it does cost $280 that is pretty low maintenance cost for a 7 year old high mileage vehicle.

Plus, yes, a pretty simple replacement if you do it yourself. Google it's location and price, or use the "Search" box above.

Here's a video for a 2008 2.4L in a Malibu. Pretty much the same thing:

" http://www.youtube.com/embed/YCNRrv4r2Uk[/color] "[/color]
I'm sure you can remember the days when GM Warranty was 12 months/12,000 miles.
My how times have changed.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
rednox301 said:
I'm sure you can remember the days when GM Warranty was 12 months/12,000 miles.
My how times have changed.
Wow - I am "old as dirt" and can't remember that. Maybe I am too old, and my memory doesn't work correctly !

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have an obd2 code reader with an erase button you can clear codes after the job is done. And this is one of the easiest things to do as far as mechanical work on this SUV. The 2 sensors are directly next to the passenger side coil pack . Hope this helps someone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts