GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the rear wiper motor on a terrain, seems like they are the same from 2010 to 2016 so any one should work. There are three wires going to the motor, I believe it's power, ground and a pulse signal but I can't seem to figure out which is which on the pins.
Thanks in advance
M

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
This is from the 2014 GM Repair Manual for the Rear Wiper Motor.

Pin #2: Red with white wire...to rear wiper relay... to fuse #30 underhood fuse block.
Pin #3: Black wire to ground.
Pin #4: White wire...to rear wiper relay.

Body Control Module: yellow wire...to rear wiper relay.
Hope this helps, if you need the connector and pin number for the BCM let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I think that might help, I can see there's a space where one pin is sort of missing so that must be #1.
I'll go give that a try now (seeing if I can bench test before going any farther
Thanks again
M

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
As you can see, the rear wiper relay is the main player in this game.
Is your rear wiper not working??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, something totally different all together, just need to use that motor (pulse = one swipe motion) I just tested it in the garage and it works perfect, power and ground on the red and black and then touch the white to positve and it does one complete cycle, hold the white to positive and it keeps going around.
Perfect
Many thanks, saved me from possibly smoking the motor or trying to test an already dead one
M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts