GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice Catch. Not everyone has time to check www dot nhtsa dot gov for recalled vehicles. What I like about NHTSA is that they also post consumer complaints about possible vehicle issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well what do ya know. I took my SRX in for an oil change and tire rotation yesterday. I also asked them to check the transmission to determine whether the available software update was necessary. When I looked over the paperwork there was a line item to 'inspect transmission shift cable'. Thought it had to do with the software update but now I know better. Guess I won't be getting a recall notice in the mail.
Kudos to Frankel & Chesapeake Cadillac for being proactive about this issue. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
11RavenBlack said:
Well what do ya know. I took my SRX in for an oil change and tire rotation yesterday. I also asked them to check the transmission to determine whether the available software update was necessary. When I looked over the paperwork there was a line item to 'inspect transmission shift cable'. Thought it had to do with the software update but now I know better. Guess I won't be getting a recall notice in the mail.
Kudos to Frankel & Chesapeake Cadillac for being proactive about this issue. :cheers:
I am glad to hear that the dealer was able to resolve this for you. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to provide furher feedback. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts