GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 2.4 direct injection Equinox with 84K on clock and 100 miles on rebuilt engine.

I just replaced the original engine because of rod dangling from oil pan. Replacement engine is a complete rebuild with all factory parts.

Initial start was great. Ran up to full temp and fan came on as it should. Shut off changed oil and topped off coolant. Start again and clear all prior codes from failed engine (I forgot to before 1st start of rebuild). Took on test drive and felt vehicle was perfect. Pulled up scanner to monitor drive monitors and watch for them to reset so I could take for SMOG certification. Monitors started resetting as they should, but with only 2 remaining I got a pending code P0302. I could feel nothing and definatley didn't hear any issue. Switch scanner to misfire graph and watch. Absolutely none current but 1900+ in history. I watched for another 10 minutes and still none. I then drove it and watched as I accelerated and still none. I missed a light and came to a stop and it showed 10 misfires. Light changed and I accelerated hard and no misfires. Let off and watched the misfire count climb steadily and quickly exceeded 250. Still, I felt nothing. Vehicle runs great other than a pending P0302.

Pull into driveway and engine light comes on. P0302.

Misfire on a decel that can't be felt is a new one to me. So I did my usual trouble shooting protocol:
Swap spark plug #1 & #2
Swap ignition coil #2 & #3
Swap injector #2 & #4
Start again and monitor scanner for misfire to change cylinder.

No change.

I plan on doing a compression test in the morning and possibly a leak down test. I assume compression test will be fine as it runs so well.

Any other advice?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thought occurred to me. Does anyone know if a CASE relearn is needed on a 2010? I have never done one for a direct injection model. I simply never needed to. I guess I can try.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Curious - What is a CASE relearn ?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Curious - What is a CASE relearn ?
A case relearn realigns the crank position sensor with the cam position sensor.
This is done with a scanner and should be done every time the crank position sensor is removed or replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts