GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I agreed to help a friend get a family vehicle up and running, that has been sitting for a couple of years. it is 2009 Equinox 80k miles with the 3400 engine. I have owned other GM vehicles with the Value Family 3100/3400 engines and am familiar with the lower intake manifold gasket and head gasket issues and have done the work on 2 different engines.

By 2009 did GM have those issues resolved or are they still looming concerns for this vehicle? I believe control arm bushings are another weak point to inspect and possible transmission issues?

Just want to know what I am up against.

Thank you in advance for any constructive advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To expand my question slightly, if I do have to chase LIM & head gaskets, are the Fel-Pro sets a "permanent fix" or does this cycle just repeat itself every 60K to 80K?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agreed to help a friend get a family vehicle up and running, that has been sitting for a couple of years. it is 2009 Equinox 80k miles with the 3400 engine. I have owned other GM vehicles with the Value Family 3100/3400 engines and am familiar with the lower intake manifold gasket and head gasket issues and have done the work on 2 different engines.

By 2009 did GM have those issues resolved or are they still looming concerns for this vehicle? I believe control arm bushings are another weak point to inspect and possible transmission issues?

Just want to know what I am up against.

Thank you in advance for any constructive advice.
You should have nothing to worry about,from 2005-2009 the equinox engine was made in china at the gm plant,then sent to Canada to be installed.the intake and head gasket problems were taken care of for the Lnj3400 engines,with many other upgrades.there are very few issues with these engines and the Austin af33-5 transmission had very,very, few problems for the 2007-2009 years

1 - 3 of 3 Posts