GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 90 Nox for just over a year. It's got 66,000 kms on it. I've noticed a weird noise coming from the font end. It happens when I hit 18 km/hr and it sounds like a spring releasing noise. "Click" or "Sproing" (lol)

I've had it into the shop many times but each time have been unable to reproduce the sound. This only happens when the Nox is cold.

Anyone else experience this problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wrongful posted this in the Gen2 section (I now know there is a Gen1 and Gen 2 on the Nox)

"I have a 2008 6 cyclinder. Low speed and no speed rate. I can rev the engine and get that tinny, hollow rattle sound. Started 1k after my 5k warranty on a used vehicle from GM. However, I have heard the same sound from another 2008 Nox and a 2009 Nox from people at work. The worst part is that it seems intermittent. Must be a common problem. Sounds like a rattling exhaust pipe.

Any ideas or help. I don't want to go the the GM dealership and say 'fix it'. That becomes costly."

·
Registered
43 Posts
buckshot44 said:
I've had my 90 Nox for just over a year. It's got 66,000 kms on it. I've noticed a weird noise coming from the font end. It happens when I hit 18 km/hr and it sounds like a spring releasing noise. "Click" or "Sproing" (lol)

I've had it into the shop many times but each time have been unable to reproduce the sound. This only happens when the Nox is cold.

Anyone else experience this problem?
Your front strut, bearing plate for the top of the strut is sticking. The wheel gets turned and the bearing plate sticks until enough pressure is applied and it releases. The "Sproing!" noise you hear is the strut spring releasing, and resonating.

Remove the strut, check for wear and correct torque.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts