GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the ps pump went out on my 08 sport. 50k miles! stealership says its not covered under warranty. anyone know how hard it is do change? i cant even find a engine picture online or diagram

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The power steering pump is seriously not covered under the powertrain warranty? :eek: If so that makes me glad I have the electric assist with no hydraulics..

·
Registered
441 Posts
go to a different dealership...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
three dealership all the same
2008 the pump is not covered, but 2009 2010 the 100000 mile warrant was improved...
so im looking at 320$ for pump and $200 in labor.. ouch..
but they said the new pump has a LIFETIME WARRANTY ! so had i guess if it ever breaks AGAIN im ok
any way this other dealershit said they are going to call gm and see if they will help cover some of the cost.
next time ill just lease! serious, i thought these new cars were alot better than what i was used to. growin up my family always had chrysler cars, they never lasted long, always working on them. though GM was gonna be different, guess i was wrong. just last week i had the timing chains replaced in the NOX, thats crazy! thank god it was covered though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's odd! My dealer replaced my pump 3 times even after 100,000 warranty was up due to it being a know issue. I just purchased a new pump from GM Giant for $220. Everything was covered, radio, rims.... Did you have to get a timing chain yet? It cost $1400 just for the part, but I was told to blow my engine and get a new one for $2,100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts