GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wanted to make this post so that eventually someone googling the same problem I had may find this useful. I have a 2008 Chevy Equinox with an electrical liftgate release. The liftgate would not open anymore. There is a fuse in position #4 in the fuse panel at the passenger's left foot. The fuse was fine. What I found was the release mechanism motor was jammed. I took it apart, unjammed it and put it back together. Also the switch was failed from my family thinking pushing harder on the switch a thousand times would work! LOL. This is easily replaced by removing the two screws on the outside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, thanks for the post....I have been googling forever! Can you tell me where I can find the release mechanism motor? Is it hard to get to and fix for someone not particularily mechanically inclined? My rear window wiper is broken and GM quoted me $550 to fix it and I suspect the quote on my hatch will be similarily close to that!!

Or anyone who knows this or another possible solution could please feel free to reply or email me.....

Thanks again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts