GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2008 AWD euinox and the seat covers(CLOTH) on the driver and passgenger side seats are not connected in the front bottom. They have a plastic rail attached to the fabric any idea how to connect these to the seat.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
kevin41795 said:
i have a 2008 AWD euinox and the seat covers(CLOTH) on the driver and passgenger side seats are not connected in the front bottom. They have a plastic rail attached to the fabric any idea how to connect these to the seat.
If they are like I am used to, there is a slot in the plastic that has to have the metal from the seat frame inserted within. You will need to pull on the fabric to stretch it enough to fit the metal in the plastic's slot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plastic does have a slot but the metal has about 4 tabs thst come out that seems to prevent from sliding the plastic on.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
kevin41795 said:
The plastic does have a slot but the metal has about 4 tabs thst come out that seems to prevent from sliding the plastic on.
See if the same set-up was used on the sides of the seats to get some ideas. Or, try the rear seats.

Is the fabric loose, or are you just wondering why they are not connected ?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
kevin41795 said:
Loose towards front bottom just not sure why either is not connected.
Did a "healthy" (i.e. heavy) person sit it the seat, and it came un-connected. Maybe you can re-connect while someone sits in it. I can see it now...Honey, can you please sit in the car - I need some ballast ! :thumbdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts