GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am a total newbie to these forums but have really gotten a lot of good info from them over the last few weeks. One thing I can't seem to find is info on trailer hitches for the 2008 or 2009 Equinox Sport. I am about 95% sure I am going to purchase a 2009 Sport AWD from a family friend and noticed the back end is a little different than the other Equinox models of the same years. I believe the Sport might also be about an inch lower too...is that right? Can I put a 2" hitch on one of these without any modifications to the rear bumper? Does anyone have any photos of a Sport with a 2" aftermarket hitch? I love everything else about the Sport, but I definitely need the 2" hitch. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi!

I noticed that you post a a little old but i decided to give you my help anyway. I got the 08 Nox sport and i got a 2inch hitch installed without problem. The truck a little lower and has two exhaut pipes but it managed to fit there like a glove. The only trouble i got is to find a way to fix the 7 pin trailer plug because i didnt wanted to dril holes into the bumper. So i drill two little hole on the hitch itself and srew it in place.

Heres the pictures

https://plus.google.com/photos/117372173860377942930/albums/5895440248309455025?banner=pwa

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts