GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
With any codes stored it will not run the emissions monitors required for inspection. They will show not ready.
Especially a O2 sensor code.

· Registered
2007 Pontiac Torrent AWD Base 137,000 miles when purchased in 2016 currently 175,000 miles.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
When you say showing it was reset and cleared out. .... And did not show pending. Initially... So it it was to show pending although no check engine light is triggered I might as well go back to the dealer at that point. Or just wait it out and see if it triggers the check engine. As a reminder the exhaust came down and the batter was disconnected when the fuel tank was lowered to replace the fuel pump was. And there was no codes or issues prior having fuel pump repaired. And at this point no systems showed ready at the inspection station. When I look at the drive cycle for the Pontiac Torrent I just laugh as a might never do all those things lol.

· Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
In this cold weather it may take a while for EVAP monitor to successfully run its test.
System looks for fuel vapor pressure to rise/fall when purging and in cold weather it may not have enough fuel pressure movement to satisfy the system. It's a known GM and FCA vehicles issue.
I see your in NYS so they may give a pass for one monitor not ready but no pending codes showing. NJ doesn't not allow that, even CA gives a pass for it, and I had to run expired for a while in my Tahoe.
It can take 500 miles for monitors to reset. Don't run with anything plugged into the OBD connector like Torque or other scan dongles while driving it as it can stop monitors from running. Been there on that.

Reactions: HP11

· Registered
2007 Pontiac Torrent AWD Base 137,000 miles when purchased in 2016 currently 175,000 miles.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got it thanks a lot. I do have the Scangauge plugged in, I will unplug it and keep on driving.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Continued progress had me drive the Torrent 120 more miles yesterday on day 4 of the ten day temp inspection sticker, I did some city, highway , stop and go, some time at idle. Car ís driving superb. Note that I am easy on the steering due to a suspect passenger CV joint. So today, on a thick aired drizzly weather day, I drove some city driving. About 40 min in while sitting at a light, (again car is running smooth and fantastic,). The check engine light came on. No I'll effect on the car it is still purring along just wonderfully. So I went ahead and parked it and made an appointment to drop it off at the dealer tomorrow. The P2A01 code appears to be the issue. So I will now leave it up to the dealer to sort out. I will see what they find but at this point it will be there until it has an inspection sticker on it lol. It is of no use to me otherwise.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wednesday 2-23-22 Torrent is dropped off at dealer. For check engine light code P2A01. Car is running and driving wonderful.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thursday 2-24-22 Torrent rear Oxygen Sensor $432 plus tax. Go ahead given. Reiterating that I would rather not pick it up with out state inspection sticker completed.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Friday 2-25-22...... Crickets. .

I did start imagining the Torrent with a Thule roof cargo box..... Hmmm . Might be nice let's get to photo shop and see what might be ...

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
With the Torrent finally back. From the Dealer repaired, serviced and inspected, it's all shinny and sitting pretty so naturally it's time for the next repair. Before going to the dealer for fuel pump and consequent oxygen sensor repair, the passenger side cv joint sounded in need of repair so that will be gotten after. I believe I will have the wheel hub replaced at the same time on that side. If I go for broke I will change both front cv joints both front wheel hubs and the front brake pads at the same time since all those are might as well since all the work is right there together.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
With the Torrent finally back. From the Dealer repaired, serviced and inspected, it's all shinny and sitting pretty so naturally it's time for the next repair. Before going to o to he dealer for fuel pump and consequent oxygen sensor repair, the passenger side cv joint sounded in need of repair so that will be gotten after. I believe I will have the wheel hub replaced at the same time on that side. If I go for broke I will change both front cv joints both front wheel hubs and the front brake pads at the same time since all those are might as well since all the work is right there together.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So as I am using this thread as a journal and history of my time with my 2007 Torrent lets see where I am now that it is back with me.

Next set of repairs.
Passenger front CV Joint.
What may also be replaced as incidental repairs.
Drivers side CV Joint
Front left and right Wheel HUBs
Front Brake pads.

Oil Pressure Switch sender

Oil Filter Adapter Gasket

Transfercase Output Shaft Seal

Cooling Fan motor Connections

Change the Aux Power sockets to ignition on only switch.

Change over to Led Headlight bulbs and interior dome lights

Tires will be Accelera Iota ST68 235/60 17 or taller 235/65 17 inch tires.

We will see what I can get done between now and April 2023.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Two weeks with the Torrent back in the fold a permanent name has stuck "Patience" I may spell it Pay-tience" in my head. But it is running beautifully although all I have done has been to clean it up, set the tire pressures, new Bosch Invision wipers front and back. I also hard wired my Van Top 612H mirror cam so it now shuts off with the ignition shut offas opposed to having to remember to unplug it from the cigarette lighter everytime.

I found the rear window washer hose has a leak and fluid comes down the rear side window. Will wait until it's warm again to dig into that as it only ok leaks when pressing the rear washer button.

Sitting in traffic about an hour I got a P0420 code. No issues with car drivability so I just cleared the code and rest the check engine light.

If I could float past the holiday season as is it would be a blessing.

Canada appears to have many GXP's being parted out.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So having do nothing but wax it and drive it, lol , the Torrent is such a pleasurable vehicle. Oh there is a list of things to do on it but the more they hold off until the warm weather comes the easier and cheaper they will be to do. I have coated every nut, bolt and full underside of the truck with Fluid Film so when I do get to wrenching on it I should have less rustiness to deal with.

Liquid Personal care Fluid Drink Solvent

I blew a 10 amp fuse for the left signal light while trying to add signal light arrows to the side mirrors. Not having a spare i pulled out the "On Star" 10 amp fuse and swapped it in for the blown signal light one. Question as I have not
ad "On Star" since I have had the vehicle what is "on star" actually monitoring on an unsubscribed car.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Red Font Carmine Screenshot Electric blue

So I was able to spend a little Sunday afternoon time to get the signal arrows on the Torrent's side mirrors.
I am quite happy with the blinkers,

· Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 182k miles
4,736 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Where are we at here with :

1.) Months of ownership
2.) Miles driven
3.) Total cost
4.) Repair hours

.... maybe make a 4-column Table in Excel and paste the image at the bottom of a post every so often?

Oh ... and ... surprisingly ... your Vehicle Details are missing. Could you take a minute to fill them in please?

See this post for instructions:

Most of that info is in this thread as it is a running journal to myself as much as anything. So current the Torrent is running and driving very well. I am chasing a "Service Stabilitrac" and P0420 code with a planned EGR replacement as the part is ordered.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
EGR valve has been delivered but with NYC weather stuck in the teens today, there was no attempt to install it.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Mild Sunday temperature allowed me to install the new EGR Valve and cleaned the outside of the Torrent.
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive tire

I won't drive it until Tuesday.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts