GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nox is starting to shutter consistantly from 1700 to 2000 rpm only when I am cruising down the road in, I guess 5th gear. It only does it when you try to accelerate slowly. If you press down good enough of course it down shifts and all is fine. I have thought about plugs and wires and changing the trans fluid. I just dont want to dump $ down the drain on things that wont fix it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Too little info to give you an answer. Mileage? Location? Maintenance done? It IS a 4 yr old car and depending on the mileage needs things done from time to time. I suggest you check your service manual and take it to the dealer for diagnosing.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Air filter, dirty throttle body, dirty fuel injectors, bad ignition coil, also come to mind. Like Mochaman said, more information would help.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Of course, I just saw that you've made two posts about this same problem. Why don't you delete one of them so all the answers are in one place?

srxforum.net/index.php?topic=3818.msg50625;topicseen#new

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has been well taken care of. Regular servicing. It has 102,000 approx. on it. I heard something about changing the plug wires due to fuel air ratio leaning out in overdrive. I am just hoping it isn't a transmission problem.

·
Registered
472 Posts
u771663 said:
It has been well taken care of. Regular servicing. It has 102,000 approx. on it. I heard something about changing the plug wires due to fuel air ratio leaning out in overdrive. I am just hoping it isn't a transmission problem.
102,000mi? Yep time to do the plugs, wires and change tranny fluid & Dexcool IMHO. I believe it says so in the back of the owners manual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I changed plugs and wires and that seemed to do the trick. It is running great again.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
u771663 said:
Well I changed plugs and wires and that seemed to do the trick. It is running great again.
Ever hear of "Thank You" ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts