GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and saw that someone has asked this before but nobody had any good answers for them. So I figured I would ask again since I am looking to do the same thing. I wanna take a radio from a 2007 equinox with the Aux hook up on the front, and I wanna put this in my 2006 equinox. Will this work? Has anyone done this? I really dont want to buy the radio and not have it work and then have to find a way to sell the thing. Please any help would be great as I have been searching all over the internet and can not find any answers on to if this will work or not.

I did however see that it does looklike the connectors were not the same but that may just be a matter of wireing a plug from an 07 into my 06 which I am not oppose to. I really miss not being able to listen to my IPod in the car as that used to be the only thing I ever listened to.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Do you have the part number of both radios? If not do you have the part number of the 2007?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the part number for the 07 is 15945856 and the part number for the 06 is 15868182. I just really wanna do this because I wasnt the AUX hook up and they dont make anything that will work for the 06 Nox :'(

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry, but that radio won't work in a 2006. Only a hacker might be able to get this to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts