GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you go here, and plug in your VIN, you can see if the recall work was ever done. If it comes back with no open recalls, it was previously repaired. If the recall comes back as open, you know it was never done:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has some special coverage attached to vehicles Not Involved in U.S. Safety Recall 09226 or 12190, or Special Coverage 09275. It seems additional vehicles were extended the coverage. So we will see, I am expecting this to be about a $2,000 dollar dealer repair quote for my 2007 AWD Torrent.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This has some special coverage attached to vehicles Not Involved in U.S. Safety Recall 09226 or 12190, or Special Coverage 09275. It seems additional vehicles were extended the coverage. So we will see, I am expecting this to be about a $2,000 dollar dealer repair quote for my 2007 AWD Torrent.
Well, in that case, hopefully you are covered under this special coverage. It does state "If a vehicle involved in this Special Coverage demonstrates the condition or symptoms described above, dealers are to replace the fuel pump module, regardless of the vehicle's age or mileage."

The fuel pump is close to being a $300 part for a genuine GM part, and then another couple of hours of labor to remove and replace.

Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You Very Much. Truck is running so well right now. I took it on a 150 mile run to get OBD ready. Ran so smooth full power this is a forever truck. Once sensors were ready drove it in for inspection passed without issue.

Now as this Truck is not needed I will get a few non dealer quotes also to have some knowledge and options before talking with the dealer ship that I use for high priority work. I consider high priority anything that puts car in a fully unusable state during the process, Don't want to be at the mercy of a shady shop with the car in pieces. This one fits that bill for sure...
Drive shaft off. exhaust off, gas tank unplugged and dropped and then a new fuel pump install. That's a lot.
I would also want the drive shaft transfer case output seal replaced with the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts