GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a loss here. Had several minor issues over the last year that were fixed with a little bit of searching but can't come up with anything on this one. To start off with the guage cluser/insterment pannel/drivers info pannel is dead. No lights, no guages, nothing accept occasionally a engine light. Sometimes the radio is lit up and working sometimes it is not, sometimes the heat works sometimes not. Sometimes it will start and immediatly stall, sometimes it won't even crank at all, unless you pull the battery and reconnect it and then it will run till you shut it off. My first thought was the BCM it seamed like a good common link. I got a known good BCM from another 07 equinox and same issues are happening, accept with the radio does power up it says loc, and I understand that. But dash and starting issues are the same, so I put my BCM back in. Now I'm starting to think it may have something to do with the passlock system. Like I said disconect the battery and put it back and it will start and drive. I don't really have the funds for a dealer repair i think we all know how expensive that is. Any suggestions at all? At first i thought the guage cluster died, but i don't know that this would cause my other issues. And yes they all started at 1 time. I'm really at a loss.

John

·
Registered
153 Posts
The first place to start with any intermittent electrical problems are to clean any grounds you can find, make sure connections are secure, and clean both battery cables. Take the time to look around, and clean them up really nice. Even if it doesn't fix this problem, it will prevent headache in the future.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hhmm I think the fact you have to disconnect and reconnect the battery sometimes is a big clue. Sounds like the cable connection isn't very good. The electronics can be sensitive to improper voltage again leading back to bad connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok found my issue, I replace the guage cluster and all is well, there was a short someplace inside of the old one causeing all my electrical problems. Thanks for the help. Now I guess if i want the correct mileage to show I have to get it reprogramed, either that or my car just lost 100k miles ;)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
jack202 said:
ok found my issue, I replace the guage cluster and all is well, there was a short someplace inside of the old one causeing all my electrical problems. Thanks for the help. Now I guess if i want the correct mileage to show I have to get it reprogramed, either that or my car just lost 100k miles ;)
Isn't there some kind of sticker your supposed to place on the door jam when you change out the odom.?
Guess different states have different rules..

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
A dealer should be able to re-program it - for a price - probably a big one !

·
Registered
153 Posts
jack202 said:
You should make a write up and put it in the tech section, especially if you have pictures. This site is lacking technical posts. I'd love to see some start appearing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue my whole gauge cluster seems to not be working it was working until I jump start the vehicle and the positive and negative got crossed on the jumper cables blue couple fuses replaced the fuses check both fuse boxes and replace any bad fuses now my cluster still don't work but the vehicle run and the radio comes on heater come on but nothing on the whole dAsh will work turn signals and stuff work on the outside of the car but on the dash it don't show that they are working does anybody have any advice

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Reverse polarity on a jump start can and will blow out electronics. Blown fuses are a sure sign of a electronic nightmare.
Your lucky it just took out the dashboard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts