GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a Pro.Fit vehicle specific mount for my portable xm radio and gps unit. It attaches behind the dash and to the right of the original equipment radio. The Pro.fit website says the mount will not interfere with the airbag, but it appears to me that the devices would sit in front of the the passenger airbag. Does anyone know how the passenger airbag deploys on the 2006 Equinox and if this mount would interfere with airbag deployment? I've been all over the internet but can't find an answer.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
70camaro said:
I am considering a Pro.Fit vehicle specific mount for my portable xm radio and gps unit. It attaches behind the dash and to the right of the original equipment radio. The Pro.fit website says the mount will not interfere with the airbag, but it appears to me that the devices would sit in front of the the passenger airbag. Does anyone know how the passenger airbag deploys on the 2006 Equinox and if this mount would interfere with airbag deployment? I've been all over the internet but can't find an answer.
One would think that if it's vehicle specific, that the company would be in fear of a lawsuit if it inteferred with the airbag so I would think that it doesn't
Did you contact ProFit and ask?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I agree. I would think so too. It was the photo on their website that gave me pause. I'm going to contact them today, now that the work week is here. Will post the answer. Still curious how the passenger side airbag deploys in this vehicle, since it has no obvious panel that would open up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked with my local Chevy service department on this. The technician said the airbag deploys from the top of the dash on this vehicle, so it appears this mount, which would be in the front of the dash, would not be in the way.

Thanks foremoremarine for the reply.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
70camaro said:
I just checked with my local Chevy service department on this. The technician said the airbag deploys from the top of the dash on this vehicle, so it appears this mount, which would be in the front of the dash, would not be in the way.

Thanks foremoremarine for the reply.
Top of the dash then smacks the windshield to stop you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a seam between the front and top of the dash. I'm assuming that is where it comes out of. I did see something similar on another vehicle on an airbag website -- it looked like the top of dash goes up and the airbag shoots out from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts