GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel pump?
My husband said it litterally just stopped he said it was almost like he ran out of gas (but had a 1/2 of a tank)
Any Suggestions?
Hubby thinks its the Fuel Pump but i dont want to pay for a new one if its no needed.
Oh and it attemps to turn over so we know its not the battery.
HELP!?!?!
=]

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
kyerikeith said:
My fuel pump?
My husband said it litterally just stopped he said it was almost like he ran out of gas (but had a 1/2 of a tank)
Any Suggestions?
Hubby thinks its the Fuel Pump but i dont want to pay for a new one if its no needed.
Oh and it attemps to turn over so we know its not the battery.
HELP!?!?!
=]
Usually one can hear the fuel pump for a brief second when the key is turned on have someone stand outside and another turn the key to th on position with out starting vehicle should hear pump

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
It could also be the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Isn't there a bleeder on the fuel rail that can be opened to check if pump is working?
I wouldn't want to tell them to do this as who wants gas all over their engine...

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
If you spray starting ether into the intake, then you can tell if you're getting spark. Otherwise, it can either be fuel-related, or possibly a broken timing belt.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Take it to Autozone, Pep boys, Advance Auto, etc.. and let them hook it up to an OBD2 reader for free..

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
NoobNox said:
Take it to Autozone, Pep boys, Advance Auto, etc.. and let them hook it up to an OBD2 reader for free..
Yep - if he has a check engine light on, that is the right thing to do. Is he able to drive it ?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Are you still experiencing a concern? I would also recommend having the codes read and getting a proper diagnosis. Please feel free to keep me posted and contact me with any questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts