GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question. Have a 2005 Equinox. Developed a hesitation @ 3000 rpms when pulling a hill. Seems almost like fuel is cutting out althought RPMs dont seem to be affected at all. No codes are present in the ECM. Was thinking of a possible fuel issue. Motor also has a slight tap to it on cylinder #6. Did a head gasket job on it @ 94,000 miles. Motor has 114,000 on it now. Thoughts as to what to look for on these?

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Esaskys05nox said:
Got a question. Have a 2005 Equinox. Developed a hesitation @ 3000 rpms when pulling a hill. Seems almost like fuel is cutting out althought RPMs dont seem to be affected at all. No codes are present in the ECM. Was thinking of a possible fuel issue. Motor also has a slight tap to it on cylinder #6. Did a head gasket job on it @ 94,000 miles. Motor has 114,000 on it now. Thoughts as to what to look for on these?

Thanks!

Chris
You planning on getting three different answers? One post would be more than enough..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE!

So after trying everything I could think of, I took my 05 nox to my cousin who has the cadillac of scanners. On my way there, my nox barely made it up hills and then the engine light started blinking! :eek: I checked again with my scanner on the side of the road and it came up with a P0300 - multiple cylinder misfire. Got to my cousins shop. He too found absolutely nothing wrong with the engine but did notice that both shift solenoid 1 and 3 were on at the same time. Can someone who actually knows something about these things tell me if both of them are supposed to be activated at the same time? My guess would be no. seems like this may explain why the nox has no power, bucking, and getting poor mileage. He is not a tranny guy but seems to think that my issue is transmission related. Anyone else have this issue or have any insight?

Chris

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Chris,

I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts