GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to fully remove the driver seat, seat belt and all but have run into a problem. The manual seat height lever and the manual reclining seat levers both have hard molded covers on them which I cannot remove. If I can't remove those covers, I can't access the seat belt and can't fully remove the seat.

With a lot of difficulty, I can see the back side of the lever cover, closest to the seat. On the back of each lever cover, there is a slot, where apparently one is to depress the protrusion and then slide the handle off. However the space around the levers is so small, I can't get anything back there no matter how much I move the levers or the seats. Also the housing behind the levers can't be removed until I remove the lever covers.

Does anyone know how to remove these lever covers? Is there a tool I can purchase to remove the lever covers? Thanks in advance :help:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
hi ,

Front Seat Cushion Outer Trim Panel Replacement (4-Way)
Removal Procedure

Object ID: 987186Click here for detailed picture of the image.

 1. Remove the front seat. Refer to Front Seat Removal and Installation - Bucket.
 2. Remove the riser handle trim by pulling firmly on the trim.
Object ID: 987165Click here for detailed picture of the image.

 3. Remove the recliner handle trim by pulling firmly on the trim.
Object ID: 981027Click here for detailed picture of the image.

 4. Remove the trim panel screws.
 5. Remove the trim panel from the seat.
Installation Procedure

Object ID: 981027Click here for detailed picture of the image.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

 1. Position the outer trim panel on the seat. Secure the panel with the panel screws.
Tighten
Tighten the screws to 2.5 Y (22 lb in).

Object ID: 981017Click here for detailed picture of the image.

 2. Position the cover over the recliner handle. Push firmly to lock the handle into place.
Object ID: 981011Click here for detailed picture of the image.

 3. Position the cover over the seat riser handle. Push firmly to lock the handle into place.
 4. Install the front seat. Refer to Front Seat Removal and Installation - Bucket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts