GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let the fellow 1st gen owners out there, that i have a copy of the factory service manual uploaded for everyone....seperate PDF's for different sections (elec/hvac/steering/etc)

I would like to just post up the link to it, to save time dealing with PM's from people, but i dont want to if the mods arent comfortable with it.....also any chance of gettin this stickied?

so for now PM me if you would like the link....

Reactions: ceabbott2

·
Administrator
601 Posts
How big are they? If they will fit, by all means, upload them and I'll sticky it. If not, email them to me and I'll manually upload them to the server and add the links to your post.

BTW, I've obviously created a new section for first gen Equinoxes, as you suggested. Most of our focus here will be on the new Theta platform versions, but just in case people end up here looking for older gen info, no reason to turn them away!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its 800 megs in size zipped up....i cant upload them seperately either due to file size limits...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I had one of the first ones that was built back in early 04 piece of junk..
Dealer got it in pretty good shape so I purchased a 06 got better. then ended up with a 08 which was pretty good, traded that one in on the Terrain I'm now driving

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did not see a 2006 folder for the 06 nox.. is it all the same for 2006 nox?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
arvindh said:
I did not see a 2006 folder for the 06 nox.. is it all the same for 2006 nox?
yes, pretty much nothing changed over the years......a few things on 08's....but that was all until 09, and the redesign

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the looks of my 2005. The new generation looks too Japanese. They screwed up the looks of the final Vue also. Then there are people that would not like my 2010 Camaro SS/RS !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know where the VCIM is located in the 2005 Equinox? Also, if anyone has lessons learned about bluestar, Im all ears...I downloaded the service manual but its not the best resource for standard repairs. If anybody has other electronic manuals it would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually its a great resource for standard repairs, i hardly say replacing a communication module is standard repair...it might be in the same location as the 2nd gen....directly above the gas pedal buried in the dash....

·
Registered
211 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts