GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

20" rims

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  imcrazy 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
Someone here planning to put their terrain on 20" rims? (I'm thinking about buying a set for my vehicle)
I saw this video of a terrain on 20's in YouTube here's the pic.
Any thoughts?
Here's the link:
https://youtu.be/Rv-OEKiXHeU

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
In my opinion it's a question of looks versus comfort. 20" rims may look nice (beauty is in the eye of the beholder), but with less rubber the tire is harder and it provides a harder ride. Remember that the tire plays a part in the suspension system. Also, I don't know the conditions of your roads where you live, but if they are as bad as where I live (Montreal) and you hit a pot hole, there is a higher chance of blowing your tire and recking your rim with 20" tires, than if you have 19".

#8 ·
Thanks for your opinion, well I'm still deciding whether to go with bigger rims or just sticking with the 17's and just switching to a/t tires 65 aspect or going 16's on a/t tires with 70 aspect.
Or just go stock 19s from an SLT OR DENALI.
So it's a decision between LOOKS<RELIABILITY & COMFORT

I'm from Yellowknife northwest Territories btw. So yeah we got rough weather conditions as well.

#4 ·
20”? Why? It’s been done.

Get outside those wheel wells and go where no man has gone before: 30”.

And don’t forget the sticker for the window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.