GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to put on the 20" Boss 340 Super Finish Black wheels. Thank goodness for Spring. I thought the Super Finish Black gave the wheel some dimension with the hints of chrome, without it being too much chrome. Just thought I'd share.

Debating painting the calipers black -- they really took a beating this winter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I think that they look great!...but kinda look at it in the opposite way. I think the touch of chrome breaks up too much black..and eliminates a drab muddy look. To me painted black calipers would help hide them and make the wheels stand out even more. Also the 20s look good on the Terrain..without giving it that cartoon car appearance of some other examples...in my opinion. :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
i LOVE this wheel and look of the car, i have been thinking about putting a set of 20's on mine for the summer...i currently have a set of 19 Konig Airstrikes on mine.....also could you tell me what the offset of that wheel is :)

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Re: 20" Boss 340 Super Finish Black Wheels

Looking good.
What size tires did you go with?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
255/45/20 Yokohama Parada.

·
Registered
12 Posts
alaric23 said:
255/45/20 Yokohama Parada.
How do you like those Yokohama tires? Thinking of getting a set soon! Can't stand the factory Hankook tires!

·
Registered
361 Posts
ndtpage said:
How do you like those Yokohama tires? Thinking of getting a set soon! Can't stand the factory Hankook tires!
i have factory michelins.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ndtpage said:
Love the Paradas. Quiet, handle well in the rain. No issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
alaric23 said:
Love the Paradas. Quiet, handle well in the rain. No issues whatsoever.
Great! My Hankook's are showing lots of wear @ 23K miles. Want be long now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
LOOKS AWSOME!!! WHAT DIMENTIONS DID YOU GO WITH. 20" I KNOW BUT BY WHAT? DOES THE BIGGER RIM AFFECT YOUR RISE QUALITY? IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT 20" ON MY TERRAIN. LOOKS SIC!!!!

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
adamkatheiser said:
LOOKS AWSOME!!! WHAT DIMENTIONS DID YOU GO WITH. 20" I KNOW BUT BY WHAT? DOES THE BIGGER RIM AFFECT YOUR RISE QUALITY? IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT 20" ON MY TERRAIN. LOOKS SIC!!!!
FYI - if you think the V6 is slow now, wait til put some 20s on it - but it will look good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Really? 20" gonna affect it that much? im not sure about that...

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
adamkatheiser said:
Really? 20" gonna affect it that much? im not sure about that...
I can't speak from experience - just what I've read - and we all know that the Internet doesn't lie ! LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wouldnt bigger rims actualy speed you up a bit? in fact im sure it will.

·
Registered
17 Posts
RIT333 said:
FYI - if you think the V6 is slow now, wait til put some 20s on it - but it will look good.
uppon further review, i believe you are correct. sorry.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
adamkatheiser said:
uppon further review, i believe you are correct. sorry.
So, if putting larger rims on (assuming that you keep the overall tire diameter the same) makes the car slower, then putting smaller rims on will make your car faster. So, maybe you should be looking for a set of 13" rims for you car to get your car faster. LOL :banghead:

·
Registered
361 Posts
RIT333 said:
So, if putting larger rims on (assuming that you keep the overall tire diameter the same) makes the car slower, then putting smaller rims on will make your car faster. So, maybe you should be looking for a set of 13" rims for you car to get your car faster. LOL :banghead:
bahahahahahh :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

some people forgot about geometry. 2piR

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
AMG Eric said:
some people forgot about geometry. 2piR
Care to explain this to me ?

THX

Rit

·
Registered
361 Posts
RIT333 said:
Care to explain this to me ?

THX

Rit
2*PI*r= 2 * 3.14722... * the radius of the wheel = the total circumference. if the circumference doesn't change than there will be 0 power loss or 0 extra effort to move the wheel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts