GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read on this forum or others, that RPO codes for the 2.4L Equinox engine are LE5, LE8, LE9 for engines manufactured in Tonawanada NY. For engines manufactured in Spring Hill, TN the RPO is LAF. I Have a 2012 2.4L Equinox FWD with an engine RPO of LEA. I have 1560 Miles on the 'Nox and have not heard the diesel noise on a cold start up yet.

I'm wondering if the HP fuel pump has been upgraded to eliminate pressure drop on the pump after long times between starting, that results in a diesel type noise on start up.

Has anyone had a noise problem with the LEA 2.4L engine? (RPO codes are on a sticker inside the glove compartment. You will need a flashlight to read it thought.)

·
Registered
332 Posts
AVEY05 said:
I have read on this forum or others, that RPO codes for the 2.4L Equinox engine are LE5, LE8, LE9 for engines manufactured in Tonawanada NY. For engines manufactured in Spring Hill, TN the RPO is LAF. I Have a 2012 2.4L Equinox FWD with an engine RPO of LEA. I have 1560 Miles on the 'Nox and have not heard the diesel noise on a cold start up yet.

I'm wondering if the HP fuel pump has been upgraded to eliminate pressure drop on the pump after long times between starting, that results in a diesel type noise on start up.

Has anyone had a noise problem with the LEA 2.4L engine? (RPO codes are on a sticker inside the glove compartment. You will need a flashlight to read it thought.)
From what I can find for as accurate as it might be:

The LE8 is a 2.2L engine and would not apply. The LE5 & LE9 are not used in the Equinox/Terrain

The LAF is used up to 2011 and the LEA is 2012.

Our 2010 has a LAF and has not suffered from the start up noise but has had a HP fuel pump replaced due to failure. Everything is good now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input and I stand corrected. Hopefully he LEA turns out to be trouble free.

2012 Equinox 2LT 2.4L FWD
Gold mist Metallic, Jet Black Brownstone leather
Power lift gate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts