GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why not have the Forum divided-up into generations of Vehicles.

Just asking, seems it would be easier to find answers and post.

Thank You....

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
It was asked several times awhile back.
One reason . . a lot of work to sort out legacy threads and put them in the proper generation.
Another. . . the traffic here is one of the lightest I've seen on any forum.

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well, most questions and or answers are applicable to all generations (in some way or another).

Take brakes for example. The mechanical aspects cross all generations and most GM model lines.

So if people are only looking at specific generational sections of the forum, they may miss something that would be of help to themselves or since some folks just enjoy leaving tips or helpful hints, they would not be of assistance to people who might need some bit of their knowledge.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It would be beneficial: I'm also active in the Malibu forum, it has 9 generations vs 3 for the Equinox/Terrain/SRX.

It is so nice to view information that pertains to a specific generation of vehicle.

·
Administrator
255 Posts
As mentioned, splitting up the forums by Gen would be a lot of segregation from sections, and can clutter the forums, but if theres enough interest in it, we can look into it.

Our concern is that if we split it up, it can be an issue to where a post goes if its related to multiple gens (such as brakes, mentioned above).

Let us know.
- JB

·
Registered
495 Posts
On forums that do segregate the vehicle generations; clicking the active topics or new posts tab allows the user to scroll through the forum that pertains to the desired generation of vehicle of interest, but also you can see all the other active or new posts from all generations; you can then decide which is of interest to you.

I'm sure implementation of this change would require some time and effort, but would make a very good forum a great forum.

What helps significantly now is to either mention in the beginning of a post the year/model of the vehicle you are referring to; or put your vehicle in your signature that appears on the bottom of all of your posts such as I have done below. But even this doesn't necessarily reflect which vehicle I'm referring to, as you see I have two different generations of Equinox in my own signature.

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Registered
99 Posts
What helps significantly now is to either mention in the beginning of a post the year/model of the vehicle you are referring to; or put your vehicle in your signature that appears on the bottom of all of your posts such as I have done below. But even this doesn't necessarily reflect which vehicle I'm referring to, as you see I have two different generations of Equinox in my own signature.

This is very true , even though I have only one GMC Terrain once in a blue moon will mention my 2013 Buick with a 2.4 L which has a few similar compare ups .. As a frequent user of Harley Forums and owned many if don't mention your Model Ride is very difficult to give much help because of differences and upgrades over the years ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts