GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
On my wife's 19Chevy Equinox, when were in AWD we hear a high pitch squealing when driving. When we turn it off, even while driving, it goes away. It will come back when turning AWD back on.

Brought it to Chevy, they just called and said it's the wastegate of the turbo. I'm thinking dude hearing the wrong thing. Tried saying its normal. I asked if that's normal how come it only happens in AWD and goes away when turning it off and hasn't happened in the past year of driving. Didn't have a response to that, he talked to the tech and the tech did say he only heard it while in AWD.

I've tried looking up this problem on Google but I always come up with tire noise or wind noise. Haven't found a post about this specific issue during AWD.

I'd like to add it doesn't happen ALL of the time. Like now for instance, just did the test drive with the mechanic and it did not happen. Course. 馃槙

Any help would be appreciated since this car is literally only 1 year old with 13k on it. Thanks!

Edit - It happened when driving home from the dealership, got a video of it. Went back and had him listen to it. Should hear back from them tomorrow. Link below to the video. It's a high pitch ear ringing noise. Gets a little louder towards the end.

Registered
The only thing that I hear sounds like tire noise.

Registered
Sounds like electronic interference to me but barely audible with the tire/road noise.

It's possible some people couldn't hear it in the car due to age or ear damage. I can't hear it all the time as if I move my head in relation to the computer speakers, it disappears.

I tried with a pair of standard over-ear headphones and that made the noise more audible. I'm still thinking electronic interference.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing that I hear sounds like tire noise.
Yea tire sound is bad with this car. Will have to look into when it's time to get new ones. I'd like to get new ones now but, that would be a wife decision 馃槀

1 - 4 of 4 Posts