GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the GM 18" wheels chrome clad or the same finish as the 17"? I can't find the 18" on GM's website or GMpartsdirect.com I like the look and I might switch to 18" when I need new tires.

·
Registered
748 Posts
GMJay said:
Are the GM 18" wheels chrome clad or the same finish as the 17"? I can't find the 18" on GM's website or GMpartsdirect.com I like the look and I might switch to 18" when I need new tires.
Yes. The newer versions of the 18" wheels are chrome clad. They're not actual chrome wheels, more a chrome face over a steel hub.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phantm006 said:
Yes. The newer versions of the 18" wheels are chrome clad. They're not actual chrome wheels, more a chrome face over a steel hub.
Thanks. By newer version do you mean the second generation Equinox vs. first generation, or 2012 vs 2010?

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
2012 vs 2010 and 2011

·
Registered
515 Posts
There are two 18" wheels for the Terrain. One is a machined aluminum and
the other is an aluminum with a chrome clad. I don't have the RPO code at hand.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Bases on my last two sets of chome plated GM Wheels I would avoid them at all cost. I had to warranty my GTP wheels and the second set were no better.

I keep a clean car and keep the wheels in good condition but I had Issues with the chrome.

So far the new Terrain 19" with the plastic inserts have show no issues and are much easier to care for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i would sell you my upgraded optional 19's if you lived close enough. Since I am looking to get rid of them in favour of some nice after market 20's. The chrome looks good but is just so much work to keep clean and looking good

·
Registered
67 Posts
According to the 2013 terrain cat......ALL wheels are alum or alum clad chrome wheels...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts