GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was bound to freaking happen with the crappiest roads in north america that we have around here.

I'm usually pretty succesfull at avoiding the potholes or drive over them slowly. On this 27th of April 2010 with the wonderful snow that we have coming down, I was barely able to avoid it. I did; but my aluminum wheel grinded on the freaking curb getting some pretty nasty scratch on the lip.

Didn't have time to fully check it out since it happened while pulling in the parking lot. But at first glance they don't look deep and barely on the surface of the wheel.

Anybody know how or where I could get this fix/repaired.

Thanks for any help, it's greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
277 Posts
There are lots of reputable wheel/rim repair shops out there who can fix it good as new. Also seem to be a few new owners who have already switched out factory rims for aftermarket alternatives and are willing to sell factory rims. You've got choices. Sorry it happened tho.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Check e-bay - I saw some there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took a better look with a light when I got home this evening (still snowing here in Montreal go figure when we are nearly in May). They are way to scratch to be buffed out.

Needing only 1 mag will prove an annoyance but will be the easiest way to get it repaired or trying to make something out of it.

I'll take a chance on ebay or if you guys know someone in the Montreal/Ontario ( I like to drive my truck so what ;D) that have one lying around in perfect condition send 'em my way.

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
ssmike06 said:
Well, it was bound to freaking happen with the crappiest roads in north america that we have around here.

I'm usually pretty succesfull at avoiding the potholes or drive over them slowly. On this 27th of April 2010 with the wonderful snow that we have coming down, I was barely able to avoid it. I did; but my aluminum wheel grinded on the freaking curb getting some pretty nasty scratch on the lip.

Didn't have time to fully check it out since it happened while pulling in the parking lot. But at first glance they don't look deep and barely on the surface of the wheel.

Anybody know how or where I could get this fix/repaired.

Thanks for any help, it's greatly apreciated.
hey ssmike, sorry if I missed this, but is your vehicle a terrain or NOX? it makes a difference...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts