GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found our windshield is delaminating on the top edge which is the point where we have seen water intrusion a couple of times on the floor mat.
I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. Of course there is no warranty and our insurance won't cover this, just wanted to know if this is common or just a fluke in our case.

·
Registered
10,766 Posts
First time I have heard of this issue, so sounds like you are the "lucky" one.

Reactions: Jakebite

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't sure, as my 95 extended cab had this issue. I did have it replaced under warranty but so far the Equinox has been trouble free... except the undercoat the the dealer sold up. Door seams are bubbling and TST is telling us door seams are not covered. So much for warranties.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I’ve got delaminating all over the edges all around on my windshield on my ‘15 Nox. Not causing any issues other than not looking the best…

·
Registered
2015 Equinox LT 2.4L AWD / 2009 Torrent GT 3.4L AWD
228 Posts
I have never seen a delaminated windshield in my life. Could you share a photo?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have never seen a delaminated windshield in my life. Could you share a photo?
Not mine since my car is outside right now, but this is exactly what mine looks like around all the edges…
My Camaro delaminated at the top so badly, I had a tint shop put black vinyl at the top 4”-6” so it looks like a visor strip…

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BandDirector was kind enough to share a couple of photos of delamination of window glass.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Here are multiple shots of what mine is actually doing on my ‘15 Equinox:

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: Herb Tarlek

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, its good to know that we are not alone. We are going to pay to have ours replaced because it is leaking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is as well, 2015 with only 29k miles. Noticed it started about 3 or 4 yrs ago. As soon I saw it I went around local dealer lots and looked at other terrain and equinoxs. What I noticed is that it didn't matter the year or model, it's sporadic whith some being affected and others not. There was a 2013 model year on which the windshield was still perfect. It's possible it got replaced or was garaged. Gm should do a recall on those that are affected as it can be a safety issue with structural failure if you get involved in an accident.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine is as well, 2015 with only 29k miles. Noticed it started about 3 or 4 yrs ago. As soon I saw it I went around local dealer lots and looked at other terrain and equinoxs. What I noticed is that it didn't matter the year or model, it's sporadic whith some being affected and others not. There was a 2013 model year on which the windshield was still perfect. It's possible it got replaced or was garaged. Gm should do a recall on those that are affected as it can be a safety issue with structural failure if you get involved in an accident.
On my 95 1500 they did replace it under warranty but it leaked. They brought in a company who damaged my headliner trying to seal the leak from the inside. I complained to the service writer and it was replaced... then at another dealership I ran into the same service manager. Took our Grand Prix's in for oil changes and they had grease on my door, floor mat and pedals. We all most got into a fist fight in the service department.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 95 1500 they did replace it under warranty but it leaked. They brought in a company who damaged my headliner trying to seal the leak from the inside. I complained to the service writer and it was replaced... then at another dealership I ran into the same service manager. Took our Grand Prix's in for oil changes and they had grease on my door, floor mat and pedals. We all most got into a fist fight in the service department.
Exactly why I didn't bother taking it into the dealership for that very reason. But at some point in time it will have to be replaced unfortunately. It's pretty bad and will only get worse with the heat from the sun. It will be done in my driveway with a very reputable glass company.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found our windshield is delaminating on the top edge which is the point where we have seen water intrusion a couple of times on the floor mat.
I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. Of course there is no warranty and our insurance won't cover this, just wanted to know if this is common or just a fluke in our case.
We had that issue with our 2014 Silverado 1500 4x4 after getting nowhere with the dealer we went thru GM Customer Loyalty Program who took care of it. Like always "squeaky wheel gets the grease".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Exactly why I didn't bother taking it into the dealership for that very reason. But at some point in time it will have to be replaced unfortunately. It's pretty bad and will only get worse with the heat from the sun. It will be done in my driveway with a very reputable glass company.
Sometimes, I hate to say this that some of the so called oem replacement windshields are not the same windshield. It's hard to believe my 21 year old Buick Lasabre with 172,000 still has most of the original parts including the windshield.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts