GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new Terrain, however, the main selling point was the 22mpg which I did not expect to be 22 as my previous experiences prove that the actual MPG is less than stated. That being said, I think that the stating 22mpg on a car which is getting me 16mpg should be illegal! My previous car was a civic which stated was 22 mpg and I was getting 19mpg which is acceptable being that I am in Miami and the traffic is horrible so there is much stop and go traffic. I wouldn't doubt a class action lawsuit coming about against GM for these misleading mpg claims! Like I said, I love my new Terrain, it is a nice looking car, good interior space, but the worst 4 cylinder MPG on the planet.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Give it about 2500 miles before you form too much of an opinion on it. It should improve, it has for most people. And get an oil change early for good measure, I would say at around 2500 miles on the engine.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
x305x said:
but the worst 4 cylinder MPG on the planet.
What about a Subaru WRX STI ? Plus there must be others on this planet !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sumr616 said:
Give it about 2500 miles before you form too much of an opinion on it. It should improve, it has for most people. And get an oil change early for good measure, I would say at around 2500 miles on the engine.
Thanks. Hopefully it will :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Agree with others. I was getting about 19 MPG combined when I took delivery of my Nox with 75 miles on it. Now with about 1500, I'm getting 23 MPG combined....it definitely increases as the engine is broken in.

About the lawsuit - you would have to sue the EPA, not GM, since they are entirely responsible for the testing and rating of fuel economy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Um....... no. U would sue gm. Its their product. And most of the mpg is reported to the epa by the mfg. Hyundai had a class action about 10that yrs ago fornd lost mpg that they reported. And lost

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an update, it has gone down from 16.7 to 16.3 @ 800 miles. Getting the same MPG I was getting on my 5.7 V8 Dodge Magnum. Wow.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Get used to it! The MPG numbers are 50 mph on flat ground with no wind on a broken in vehicle. Anything around 70 mph and you will get v8 type mpg numbers. At least that what my I4 has been getting this year :angryfire:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't mean to piss anyone off about how they drive, but I have always gotten better mileage than what the sticker says, in all my vehicles. I have a Terrain SLT1 AW V6 and I am average 400 to 420 a tank, which is just over 21 mpg. Most of my driving is light city driving, and not over 45 miles per hour, due to the city driving. I did notice when I took a trip doing 78 mph through indiana (flat and straight) I got 440 per tank. a little over 23 mpg. I notice driving in East Tennessee, which is alot of hills and mountains, and tourist stop and go traffic it fell down to around 15 mpg. I was always pushing it hard and doing 80 mph up hills on the interest state, and breaking hard for traffic and weather. My point is, depending on where you are driving and if you gun it to get up to the speed then you will use a lot more gas, it is a very heavy vehicle. If you use cruise control where you can, don't have to beat the car next to you off line, and to the next red light, you won't use as much. Okay continue bitchin!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts