GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When parked and turning my engine off (2015 Terrain SLE 2 w/ the 2.4L), it will sputter/shake as it is turning off. I've taken it to the dealer since it is under warrantee and yep you've guessed correctly, they can’t replicate the problem. I've been to the original purchasing GMC dealer that I brought it from and another local GMC dealer and once more to another GMC out of state and no one can duplicate. My car is still low millage (79k) and is under warranty until 80K and I have a feeling that magically they will find the issue when the warranty runs out lol. Long ago my car stalled once when I was coming to a stop but turned right on and it turned out to be a camshaft actuator which seems to be common as my 2008 Vue (also 2.4L) had the same issue. I know that you have to stay on top of the maintence with these engines and my Terrain and Vue have only been dealer serviced to avoid any issues.

What could this be? (I've sold the VUE in 2018 for my Terrain, both purchased CPO from the same dealer which started as a Saturn dealer and transitioned to a Buick/GMC dealer)

·
Registered
'16 Equinox LTZ AWD 3.6
1,627 Posts
Now have a CEL of P0172..
|What are the Possible Causes of the Code P0172 Chevrolet?
  • Dirty or Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor
  • Intake Air Leaks
  • Exhaust Gas Leaks
  • Fuel Contamination
  • Faulty or Leaking Fuel Injectors
  • Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor
  • Ignition Misfiring
  • Incorrect Fuel Pressure
  • Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) Hose Leaks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like dieseling / run-on? Search those terms to see if that matches your symptoms. If you had a leaky injector it could cause that mixture rich code and also cause carbon deposits and dieseling. But it's a pretty generic code - tons of things could cause it, as noted above. Maybe hit it with some Seafoam?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts