GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got my terrain back from dealer after they replaced the pistons, timing chain, exhaust manifold, and small other parts included in special coverage. It runs great so I’m happy.

Is this not considered and engine rebuild? Does it need to be rebroken in? Do I need to do anything special? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
559 Posts
2x Let the motor warm up before getting on it. Do not pull out of the driveway on a cold start and pull onto the highway or a up hill without engine up to normal temp. . This would be prudent for long engine life even after break in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I was reading on engine break in I heard a hard break is best to get the piston rings to set. They put synthetic oil at dealership and I also heard that is not good for break in. I was gonna drain their oil. Put break in oil. Run It through the Rpms for 50 miles. Drain the oil. Put conventional oil, Run normal for 500 miles. Drain oil and put conventional again. Final oil change at 1500 with synthetic. What you think?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Old wives tale on synth. oil.
Brand new Corvettes come out of the factory with M1 oil. Dealer probably used the normal Dexo's semi synth. .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts