GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
May be the code set as permanent diagnostic trouble code. The only way to clear a PDTC is to fix the underlying problem with the vehicle that originally caused the PDTC and its corresponding DTC to set, and then allow the vehicle sufficient drive time to re-run the monitor that identified the problem in the first place. When the monitor runs without identifying a problem, the PDTC will clear itself.
I changed my VVTs and unable to reset the code with the scanner. After a few driving cycle the light is gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the case here google search points to some kind of correlation sensor I need to know how to fix light ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same error code, I also had a problem with hard starting. It turned out that one day when I didn't correct the low oil issue fast enough the reluctor spun. It's a pressed on part on the end of the exhaust camshaft. You can pull the valve cover and visually inspect it when the engine is at top dead center. Unfortunately the only fix is replacing the exhaust cam which is a deep rabbit hole I've found myself in because if you're going to pull off the timing chain you should replace it, and if you have to also replace the exhaust manifold then you might as well replace the piston rings to stop the oil burning issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts