GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked-up my '11 Black Granite Equinox last night; from initial order to delivery, 6 weeks plus a couple days (give or take). Not too bad :)

Bought the vehicle 'site unseen'; no local dealers had the color combo/interior I was seeking. Glad I took the risk; two-tone titanium/black leather is a nice compliment to the dark exterior.

Fit and finish of the vehicle is first-rate; handling, tightness of ride, overall high quality of build makes me proud to own my first GM product (I've only driven a certain German brand, previously).

In short, GM 'nailed it' with the current generation Equinox.

And accessing OnStar via the mobile iPhone App is freakin' cool beyond words. ;D

·
Registered
978 Posts
Congrats !!!

I agree...they are neat...2 thumbs up

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Exellent choice!
My wife loves hers. Over 4,000 miles on the clock without any problems. 23-24 MPG in town...28+ on the road so far. I even enjoy driving it on occassion(2 seater sportscar guy). Relaxing and comfortable ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our first new GM car since 1985. Traded a 2007 Nitro R/T for our Equinox. The Nitro being RWD, there was no room for my feet when I had cruise engaged. Floorboard was not flat at all. Also fuel mileage with the 4.0 L V6 was not best. Average was 19.7. The floorboard in the Equinox is flat and with 2000 miles in it, avg MPG is 26.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
X11Fan said:
Our first new GM car since 1985.
Yeah - quite a change from a Citation, huh ? I had an '80 Citation. My whole family (me, wife and 2 kids) all learned to drive a "stick" with that car, and the clutch lasted for 130K miles. We ordered the 4-speed without ever having driven a stick before. I almost couldn't get the car home from the dealer when we took delivery ! LOL

I liked that car, except for the rear brakes.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome to the "Nox" club.

Although I have been a GM guy all my life I've never owned a 4 cyl. before. I must say other than on demand torque our 2010 Nox is a pleasure to drive with good acceleration, decent fuel mileage and comfortable & quiet ride. 17,000 miles and not a problem other than a perceived one with the shift flare inherent in the 6 spd. between 3rd & 4th.

The wife loves hers!

Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the same color combo and agree 100% that GM nailed it with the Equinox. I have been very impressed with mine. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,841 Posts
Not that this is a surprise, but did anyone else see the network news report about the guy paid to write nice things on the web about vacation resorts? Just wonderin' ...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Colt Hero said:
Not that this is a surprise, but did anyone else see the network news report about the guy paid to write nice things on the web about vacation resorts? Just wonderin' ...
I don't know if you're implying anything or not, but ArizonaNox registered in January and just posted this yesterday. Most spammers post their drivel the second their account is activated and then disappear..

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
On the flip side.....
Wonder if there are those influenced to degrade..complain...and criticize certain products in practically every post? Just wonderin....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Colt Hero said:
Douche. :-*

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,841 Posts
Boy, doesn't take much to set some people off. The intial post just reminded me of that segment and I was wondering if anyone else saw it, that's all...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Colt Hero said:
Boy, doesn't take much to set some people off. The intial post just reminded me of that segment and I was wondering if anyone else saw it, that's all...
You didn't do or say anything wrong, just ignore them. I didn't catch that news report, doesn't surprise me though. Occasionally you'll see an Amazon review or two that looks like it's written by the manufacturer, but it can be tough to discern; many Amazon reviewers are just genuinely well spoken and educated about a product.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Colt Hero said:
No..really that's not all. Inserting a post like that in the OP's 'Impressed' thread easily leads others to believe that you were suggesting a comparison to his credibility. Then attempting to sugarcoat the intent isn't helpful or even believable...but only adding further insult to his positive thread.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Back to the 'spirit' of my original post; was approached by two onlookers this weekend while running errands in my new 'Nox.

Both asked a few questions about the car, asked to see inside the vehicle, complimented the exterior styling, and both asked (of particular interest to me) about my dealer experience (disclaimer: neither men are total strangers to me; we cross paths at our local Lifetime Fitness from time-to-time).

Their questioning of my dealer experience stuck with me; this was a BIG concern of mine, early-on. Based on my past experience, metro Phoenix isn't the easiest market in which to buy a new vehicle. Dealerships abound, of course, as do AGGRESSIVE sale's tactics. Gotta say, my personal experience at Courtesy Chevrolet was first-rate 'start to finish'. No nonsense, very fair monies offered on both trade and new car purchase, $500 down to order the 'Nox (refundable) and no haggling or smarmy stuff at time of delivery. Compared the experience, favorably, to the dealership where I bought my other ride (a high-end German car).

So I'm enjoying (albeit, only 3-days in) my new ride and I'm able to look back favorably on the ordering/delivery process specific to my
dealership. Sharing these thoughts if anyone in metro Phoenix is considering the purchase of their own 'Nox and is perusing these forums (I did, before buying). And for the record, I am NOT affiliated, in any manner, with GM or my local dealership. My professional trade is finance/banking/equities.

If anyone wants the name/contact of my sale's associate at Courtesy, shoot me a PM. Happy to share. The more driver's (like myself) who get behind the wheel of a similarly good GM product, the better for us all. Just my two cents.

btw, really appreciate the tips learned in the other threads; obtained answers to a few of my own questions right here in the forums.

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
ArizonaNOX said:
Their questioning of my dealer experience stuck with me; this was a BIG concern of mine, early-on. Based on my past experience, metro Phoenix isn't the easiest market in which to buy a new vehicle. Dealerships abound, of course, as do AGGRESSIVE sale's tactics. Gotta say, my personal experience at Courtesy Chevrolet was first-rate 'start to finish'. No nonsense, very fair monies offered on both trade and new car purchase, $500 down to order the 'Nox (refundable) and no haggling or smarmy stuff at time of delivery. Compared the experience, favorably, to the dealership where I bought my other ride (a high-end German car).

So I'm enjoying (albeit, only 3-days in) my new ride and I'm able to look back favorably on the ordering/delivery process specific to my
dealership. Sharing these thoughts if anyone in metro Phoenix is considering the purchase of their own 'Nox and is perusing these forums (I did, before buying). And for the record, I am NOT affiliated, in any manner, with GM or my local dealership. My professional trade is finance/banking/equities.

If anyone wants the name/contact of my sale's associate at Courtesy, shoot me a PM. Happy to share. The more driver's (like myself) who get behind the wheel of a similarly good GM product, the better for us all. Just my two cents.

btw, really appreciate the tips learned in the other threads; obtained answers to a few of my own questions right here in the forums.

Thank you! :)
Talking about the dealer experience, I bought my 2010 Equinox in Dec '09. I negotiated a price & traded a Saturn Vue. The salesperson didn't ask for a signature or deposit, just a handshake! They got the Nox from a nearby dealer and delivered it in 5 days. The price was exactly what I expected not a penny more. How often does this happen?

BTW, I have over 17,000 miles and have done 2 oil changes myself. No problems at all. It is the 2.4 FWD. Fuel mileage is about what I expect for our driving conditions. The only thing that bothers me is the chrome latch on the top dash bin. It reflects sunlight too much. Thinking of ordering a latch from a 2011 and replacing it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
ems1 said:
Talking about the dealer experience, I bought my 2010 Equinox in Dec '09. The salesperson didn't ask for a signature or deposit, just a handshake!
There doesn't seem to be much of that anymore.

We factory ordered our 2010 and although we were told it would take about 6-8 weeks, which it did, we put no money down on it and sealed the deal with a handshake as well. The final cost came out a little lower than was negotiated since they also got us the $750 maintenance card that was offered at time of delivery on top of the $1000 reduction deal offered at the time of ordering.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
ems1 said:
Talking about the dealer experience, I bought my 2010 Equinox in Dec '09. I negotiated a price & traded a Saturn Vue. The salesperson didn't ask for a signature or deposit, just a handshake! They got the Nox from a nearby dealer and delivered it in 5 days. The price was exactly what I expected not a penny more. How often does this happen?

BTW, I have over 17,000 miles and have done 2 oil changes myself. No problems at all. It is the 2.4 FWD. Fuel mileage is about what I expect for our driving conditions. The only thing that bothers me is the chrome latch on the top dash bin. It reflects sunlight too much. Thinking of ordering a latch from a 2011 and replacing it.
I got mine in Dec 09 as well..it was a buyers market back then since most dealers were still reeling from overall sales being down since 08. They were so eager to make the sale that they assumed I was trading in my Mazda 6 (I never said I wasn't, but also never said I was...just steered the negotiation in a different direction when that came up ;) ) and possibly financing through them that they quickly gave me the price I was looking for...and then I announced that I had already secured low apr financing, and that I would be selling the Mazda myself. Thankfully they stuck to original price (including everything) that I was given. ;D

edit- of course I was buying one of two they had on the lot...ordering may have been different.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts