GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, So my 2010 Equinox sat for approximately a month as I've been driving a work related vehicle. Upon starting it after letting it sit, it was running terribly rough. It was idling at approximately 1400 rpm with a vibration that shook the entire car, it wasn't something you can describe as "rough idle", it felt like it was going to fall apart. Revving it up above 2500 rpm cleared the vibration, but something was wrong. Stopped and started it again, same problem, with the added check engine light on, and for some reason service stabilitrak. Stopped and started it again, runs fine...., no check engine light or service stabilitrak. We just drove about 80km and everything is fine...

I'm going to book it in tomorrow to see if they can find anything out, hopefully the brief codes have stored some information that the mechanics can bring up. Just wondering if anybody has experienced something similar.

I love my Equinox, and after driving a tiny little 2003 civic for the last month, this Equinox is like a Cadillac ;D. Oh its a 2.4L Equinox LTZ FWD.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I am glad to see that you are planning to work with your local dealer regarding your concern. Please feel free to keep me posted. You can contact me either here on the thread or via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
71 Posts
had this happen when a gas station had put stale gas into my tank.....exact same scenario, third time i started it all was fine....went to the dealer and they said there were no issues.....as usual :-\

·
Registered
338 Posts
Even though your check engine light is no longer on, it still stored the code. By what you posted I think they are going to find a missfire code. The service stabilitrak came on due to the check engine light.

·
Registered
71 Posts
then thats what they should have told me!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
You should never let gasoline sit in a tank for a month or longer without adding some sort of fuel stabilizer. Sometimes you get stale gas from gas stations, which can cause all sorts of engine performance issues, especially if it sits. And even the best quality gasoline gets stale eventually.

If you still have those issues after the next fill-up, try adding some "Sea Foam" to the gas, and if that doesn't work bring it in to your dealer. I had a similar experience with my motorcycle (also sat for a month) and the sea foam worked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If there's draw on your battery while it was just sitting for a month your battery may have been a little low on volts, with today's computer car a small drop in volts can cause your computer to relearn it's settings......my guess is that the battery was a lttle low on volts.

I have to disagree with the comment about not letting gas sit in your tank for more then a month without adding sta-bil ( not to say it's not a good idea ), my Tahoe sits for 5 plus months and I've never added sta-bil and have had zero problems. BTW, I do have a Battery Tender connected while it's sitting.

·
Registered
338 Posts
equiNOX said:
then thats what they should have told me!!!
Who? and What?

Dark Age53 said:
I have to disagree with the comment about not letting gas sit in your tank for more then a month without adding sta-bil ( not to say it's not a good idea ), my Tahoe sits for 5 plus months and I've never added sta-bil and have had zero problems.
:thumb: At about the one year mark old gas should be driven out. I am not a believer in additives for fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts