GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I returned from DC. And on the attached photos is what I saw on the computer.

BTW:
Trip A - current trip since fill-up, after returning home.
Trip B - overall mileage and gas mileage since lease inception last year

Attachments

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
The 34 is about what I see for a straight highway trip, but the 27 seems low for overall. I don't remember ever getting below 30 on any fill up, but most of my driving is either interstate, or subburb type trips. My average speed since I've owned my Nox is 48 or so.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 34 is about what I see for a straight highway trip, but the 27 seems low for overall. I don't remember ever getting below 30 on any fill up, but most of my driving is either interstate, or subburb type trips. My average speed since I've owned my Nox is 48 or so.
I wish I had 30+ every time. Normally it is in the area of 25-27. My highway trips are usually 30-35. (btw: I will check on Sunday - I will be driving to Eastern CT).
My average speed is very low. Northern NJ is a highly-congested state. Traffic is bad here thus my 27mpg is actually very good, IMVHO.
If I stay in the area my next vehicle should be a hybrid or something.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My best average is 5.1 l/100kms (46.1 mpg) and my current average is 7.0 L/100kms (33.6). This is mainly due to all the construction going on in my area at the moment with a lot of idling as a result.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Incredible
Is that per imperial gallon, or diesel.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My brother who has the 19 Nox, with FWD averages about 5.9 to 6.4 depending how fast he drives. He is super impressed with the fuel economy, my wifes 18 Terrain with AWD and the 2.0 gets on average about 6.5 on trips to Montreal and that's doing 120 or kph or roughly 75 mph. In winter it drops to about 7.2 or so as the crappy winter gas takes hold. Around home she is getting 7.7 to 8.0 as I am the one filling the gas tank for her and resetting the D.I.C. With these mpgs Gm should bring the hybrids to market and we should see about low 4l/100.

·
Registered
183 Posts
2019 1.5 LT FWD here, since July. With 1/3 highway; 1/3 suburban and 1/3 Manhattan traffic I'm seeing 30+ mpg measured at fillups. Straight highway [ ~ 65mph] work is usually 35-36 mpg; my best was 41 mpg. I'm expecting a 3+ or so mpg falloff when freezing temps arrive. About a 20% improvement over my previous FWD 2.4 N/A 'Nox!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Incredible
Is that per imperial gallon, or diesel.
If this is in response to my post, yes, it is incredible and converted using the US gallon. I'm sure it has a lot to do with my particular commute and that it is as flat as the prairies here in Southern Ontario. I normally see values between 6-7L/100kms but the last couple weeks have been brutal with construction. I have found the MPG drops at higher highway speeds and a full load in the nox. When travelling fully loaded at 75-80 mph I think I was averaging 7.3L/100kms.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After I have just returned from my trip I see DIC's 32.3 MPG.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We recently purchased a 2019 lt demo with 3050 miles, the trip computer said 28.5 since new

We just returned from a 4300 mile trip from Wisconsin, to Omaha, then Glacier Park, and return home, with 31.2 for the trip. About 1/2 of the trip was 80 mile speed limit, the rest was mostly 70 mile. I did also pencil and paper the gas and miles and the trip computer was almost the same .

At 8000 miles it now shows 30.2 from new.

I'm quite pleased with that result.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm getting 1 mpg less than you with the 2.0, 3,200mi. so far since new. I'm always trying to hyper mile it though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My 1.5 averaged about 30-32 mpg over 20k miles. Usual all highway trip was 34 mpg. Best 25 miles was like 43 mpg. The 1.5 was pretty impressive in the fuel economy front but I love my diesel more!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts