GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm new here and I am thinking of purchasing a 2008 chev equinox sport. Just wondering what you all thought about that vehicle. I know it has a different engine/trans than other equinoxes. What are some of the known things that go wrong with a vehicle like this?? Are the 3.6 engines that much better than the 3.4? I know they get close the the same MPG, but what about reliability and serviceability? Do they still have Intake problems? What about the 6 spd trans? Any known defects with those? What about service and flushing? Do they have a filter and you drain them like anything else? Or are they a flush-only kind of system (I was told they don't have a filter and you only change fluid at 100K, but I don't know how much I trust the previous owner. I like to have peace of mind.) Anything else that goes wrong with these sports? I'm definitely interested in knowing what you all have to say about it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I thought the 6 speed tranny was new for 2010? In any case, I don't know much about the previous models, but I do know the sport was the most desirable simply for the engine..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, overall the 3.6 engine has a good rating that you know of? What about its performance in the GMC Acadias?? I think they're prety much the same engine... I think I'll like the 6 spd in a 2008 sport just because of the manual/sequential shift option... But reliability still trumps all. Anyone else have comments???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts