GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Equinox LT 2.4 FWD
465 Posts
I think they look just fine and with the bowtie center cap most people wouldn't know those were Ford wheels. I would have loved to swap the chrome bent spoke wheels I had on the 04 Bonneville SLE I traded in on the wife's 17 Nox LT with ho-hum wheels, but the bolt pattern was way different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they look just fine and with the bowtie center cap most people wouldn't know those were Ford wheels. I would have loved to swap the chrome bent spoke wheels I had on the 04 Bonneville SLE I traded in on the wife's 17 Nox LT with ho-hum wheels, but the bolt pattern was way different.
yeah it was fun tryn to find a 5x120 to 5x114.3 adapter.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Keep enough air in those Exploder rims. They are prone to rollover. 😁

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.4k miles
4,393 Posts
Looks good! What color is that powder-coating? Is it a shade of blue?

And is that just a coincidence that the Chevy center caps fit? Are they all a standard size?

And I see the new tires have RED and YELLOW Dots, and they lined the valve stem up with the YELLOW Dot ... which makes sense to me (because YELLOW is supposed to be the lightest part of the tire, while the valve stem is the heaviest) ... but that’s not what the websites say ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep enough air in those Exploder rims. They are prone to rollover. 😁
I cant believe the **** storm over the roll overs lol, I still can not rent a uhaul trailer with my explorer..... ford blames the tires, everyone else blames the truck..... maybe the fact that they were only calling for 26psi inflation pressure at the time ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good! What color is that powder-coating? Is it a shade of blue?

And is that just a coincidence that the Chevy center caps fit? Are they all a standard size?

And I see the new tires have RED and YELLOW Dots, and they lined the valve stem up with the YELLOW Dot ... which makes sense to me (because YELLOW is supposed to be the lightest part of the tire, while the valve stem is the heaviest) ... but that’s not what the websites say ...
Chevy caps are a little loose, I just stuck some silicone on the backs to hold them in place, and I always balance the tires with light spot (yellow dot) to sensor or if no sensor, to the valve stem.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I cant believe the **** storm over the roll overs lol, I still can not rent a uhaul trailer with my explorer..... ford blames the tires, everyone else blames the truck..... maybe the fact that they were only calling for 26psi inflation pressure at the time ?
I think they issued a statement to increase air pressures and I my old memory serves me they had dealers put a updated door sticker on each vehicle. It's been a long time since that issue.
The low air pressure was to improve ride quality. My Tahoe w/20 in. rims says 32 psi on the door sticker. At that pressure it will wear the outside edges off the tires over time. At 35 it wears evenly but the ride is a little harsher. And at 35 the OEM tires will last to 60k miles vs 40k at 32 psi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts