GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just noticed that on my equinox that the steering wheel is not locked even with the key removed. Are they all like this or was this removed for some reason or even broken. Should I look into getting this fixed. Also yesterday I noticed that my dic and gear indicator lights were off for a short while after starting it. I did not see if the speedo and other guages were working at this time or not. Is there a problem with this that I should know about. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
gates59 said:
Well I just noticed that on my equinox that the steering wheel is not locked even with the key removed. Are they all like this or was this removed for some reason or even broken. Should I look into getting this fixed. Also yesterday I noticed that my dic and gear indicator lights were off for a short while after starting it. I did not see if the speedo and other guages were working at this time or not. Is there a problem with this that I should know about. Thanks in advance.
Not sure about the 2nd problem, but on the 1st one - Are you saying that you can turn the steering wheel from full righ to full left, even when the key is is not in the car ? If so, it shouldn't be like that. Maybe the ignition was disabled by a repo-man at some point. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to live with it like that, though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just got off the phone with my mother. She has a 07 torrent and she can turn the wheel on hers. Kind of weird that they would make them like this. Makes it easyer to steal. Also harder to tow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts