GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, could anyone please post a picture of their underhood fuse box from an 08 equinox with the factory trailer tow package? I removed a relay to take to the dealer to get a new one and now I do not know which way the new one gets installed. They really should be marked some how. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
BGTLS said:
Hi, could anyone please post a picture of their underhood fuse box from an 08 equinox with the factory trailer tow package? I removed a relay to take to the dealer to get a new one and now I do not know which way the new one gets installed. They really should be marked some how. Thanks!
Look on the lid of the fuse box there shold be a label telling you where it goes may be a printed label or a lazer inscribed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fourmoremarine said:
Look on the lid of the fuse box there shold be a label telling you where it goes may be a printed label or a lazer inscribed
Thanks for the reply. I know the location of the relay but I do not know if the switched side goes to the left or right. The relay fits either way and I would think that it can only go one way or would cause problems. I downloaded the service manual but it does not tell which way the switched side of the relay should go. Maybe it does not matter but it has four pins coming out of it and can go in either way. If anyone knows for sure that the direction of the relay does not matter please let me know. I have looked at a couple pictures of different year equinox fuse boxes on line but they look different than my 08. I am just hoping that someone would have enough spare time to shoot a picture of theirs and post it up online. A close up of the box would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
BGTLS said:
Thanks for the reply. I know the location of the relay but I do not know if the switched side goes to the left or right. The relay fits either way and I would think that it can only go one way or would cause problems. I downloaded the service manual but it does not tell which way the switched side of the relay should go. Maybe it does not matter but it has four pins coming out of it and can go in either way. If anyone knows for sure that the direction of the relay does not matter please let me know. I have looked at a couple pictures of different year equinox fuse boxes on line but they look different than my 08. I am just hoping that someone would have enough spare time to shoot a picture of theirs and post it up online. A close up of the box would be great. Thanks.
CHECK OTHER RELAYS WHICH WAY IS THE WORDING ON THEM FACING? IS THERE A NOTCH ON THE RELAY sorry about the caps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts