GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum just bought an 05 LT AWD equinox in mostly excellent condition except for a few things I just noticed when I brought it home.

When I first went to look at it the battery was dead so we boosted it and I tested the alternator, which was fine so the previous owner replaced the battery before I took it home. Now Ive noticed the cd changer will not load or eject a cd and the previous owner said it worked fine when he parked it a month previous, I did the fuse pull trick A few times to no avail. Im going to hook the modis up to it tommorow but any other suggestions?

Also the cigarette lighter in between the seats doesnt work but all the rest do, checked all the fuses and they are fine any common wire breaks or corrosion for this?

Thanks In advance appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? Does the radio show a message on the screen? I would be happy to look into this for you with more information. Please feel free to contact me privately. It would also be helpful to include the last eight of the VIN. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I have not, I only purchased the vehicle 2 days ago. I was unable to hook the scanner up to it to day so I may have to If I cant figure it out. I will send you a pm Tricia.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Zuk said:
No I have not, I only purchased the vehicle 2 days ago. I was unable to hook the scanner up to it to day so I may have to If I cant figure it out. I will send you a pm Tricia.
Is this the factory or an aftermarket stereo? Stereos these days typically have anti-theft protection, where you have to enter a code or key sequence in order to unlock it when the battery is disconnected. That would be where I would put the odds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Factory unit, I thought of that too but I have no idea on the unlock code so im hoping the snapon modis will be able to do that when I get some time to bring the vehicle into the shop. Also anyone had any problems with poor fm radio reception? Mine is just awful.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Zuk said:
Factory unit, I thought of that too but I have no idea on the unlock code so im hoping the snapon modis will be able to do that when I get some time to bring the vehicle into the shop. Also anyone had any problems with poor fm radio reception? Mine is just awful.
Yeah, I'm not sure what the code would be either. If there isn't a sequence listed in the manual then the a phone call to the dealer is probably the way to go. They could at least tell you if it's the right symptoms for being locked out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts