GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I’ve just noticed over the past couple of days other Equinox - Terrain owners mentioning they’ve got a 4th Gen F-Body. I think I saw an ‘01 Camaro SS mentioned and a ‘99 Trans Am too! My username on the F-Body boards is actually BandDIrector Blk98ZM6! I bought my ‘98 Camaro Z28 new and plan to keep it for life! It’s HIGHLY modified now, including, but certainly not limited to, an LS6 longblock swap. She puts down 400.1 RWHP, so 450-460 HP at the crank. It’s a garage Queen these days unfortunately, but still love to take it and romp on it when I can!

F-Body owners check in!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an 01 ss but like yours it isn't driven too much. Currently has heads, cam, a built t56, and some suspension work. Would love to add some boost to it one day but im torn between doing more to it or selling it and getting a gen 2 ctsv.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 01 ss but like yours it isn't driven too much. Currently has heads, cam, a built t56, and some suspension work. Would love to add some boost to it one day but im torn between doing more to it or selling it and getting a gen 2 ctsv.

I was in college when the '93 Camaro came out and I was in LOVE. I finally graduated in '95 and in 2/96, bought a '96 Camaro V6 5 Spd...all I could afford first year out of college. 2 1/2 years later, GM was in the middle of a strike and F-Body production after '98 model run was questionable, so I put a locator out on my current '98 Z28. I wanted a hard top to save weight and had to go to FL to get it. It's relegated to toy status now, but I still like taking it and surprising new Camaro owners when they want to play :grin:
I can't imagine ever selling it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah im at the point where i probably wont sell mine just because i have put so much time and money into it. And it is fun surprising other cars, actually beat a guy in a supercharged 5.7 rt challenger a few years back. He was making a lil over 500rwhp and after losing to my car which makes 440rwhp he ended up selling his and buying a hellcat. Ive also surprised a few vette owners and one older viper which was priceless.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I did not have a '93. .. but did have a '91 Firebird.
Besides being fun to drive. . . . it was secretly a (don't say it) "wagon".
Wife and I went to pick up some crates of apples at a local farm market and fit 9 bushels into the back with the seats down and there was room for probably 6 or 8 more.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did not have a '93. .. but did have a '91 Firebird.
Besides being fun to drive. . . . it was secretly a (don't say it) "wagon".
Wife and I went to pick up some crates of apples at a local farm market and fit 9 bushels into the back with the seats down and there was room for probably 6 or 8 more.

Yup f-bodies have alot more room for carrying stuff then people expect. A few years back i bought new wheels and tires for my camaro and somehow i was able to fit the unmounted tires and all 4 wheels inside the car. The guy at the tire shop couldn't believe it all fit in there.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...it’s obvious what I do from my username, so when I pulled up in my new Camaro first year on the job, my immediate supervisor thought it was completely impractical and called it a “piccolo carrier” 😉. His mode of transportation was a new Taurus station wagon, so I didn’t really care what he thought of my dream car 😎

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome pics!

Unfortunately, I’m now recently divorced and I must admit that a new 2020 Camaro LT1 has crossed my mind to replace my ‘Nox. V8 power in the V6 Camaro body is an awesome combo! I’m all about stealthy!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Awesome pics!

Unfortunately, I’m now recently divorced and I must admit that a new 2020 Camaro LT1 has crossed my mind to replace my ‘Nox. V8 power in the V6 Camaro body is an awesome combo! I’m all about stealthy!
Sorry about the pain of divorce. Camaro is a nice alternative ride. I find the interior of the 6th generation a little cramped compared to my 5th. A nice handling car, though! Smaller overall size and lighter weight make it nimble and quick!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome pics!

Yeah i saw the 2020 lt1 a few months ago and honestly i would take it over the regular 2020 ss. I personally think they actually look better and like you said are definitely stealthy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey I just saw this, 2000 Firebird Convertible, with (as he gets showered with derision) a V6, Bright Red and I have to say very nice.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My first F-Body was actually a ‘96 V6 5 speed Camaro. Bought it right outta college! Loved that car, but had always wanted a Z28, so after 2 1/2 years with my V6, and 76K mikes, I bought my Z new in ‘98.

3.8 V6 still has 200 HP, which is quite good for the era!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Actually, for a car that is going on 21 years old, and a Canadian Winter Survivor, it really does very well. I looked on one of the f body forums and found out that there were only 71 v6 convertibles 'exported' to Canada for the year 2000. I found that funny as the vehicle was made here in Quebec but almost all were made for the us and the middle east. I have figure on posting some photos.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My ‘98 Z flipped 88K mikes yesterday...

I always wanted to tour St. Therese assembly...but I understand it’s like a mall or shopping center parking lot now... 😞

1 - 17 of 17 Posts