GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Replacing front seats with seats with RSE

12K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Trukkins10 
#1 ·
I am looking to replace my driver seat because the heat and lumbar does not work (motor on lumbar is bad, already replaced the screw). I found a set of front seats with RSE. I have NAV that plays DVD. What would be needed to make the RSE work?

#3 ·
poppabusa said:
I am looking to replace my driver seat because the heat and lumbar does not work (motor on lumbar is bad, already replaced the screw). I found a set of front seats with RSE. I have NAV that plays DVD. What would be needed to make the RSE work?
Help me out - What is RSE ?

#5 ·
Rit said:
Help me out - What is RSE ?
I think RSE is the Rear Seat Entertainment? The DVD screens on the back of the driver's seat for the rear passengers to watch?

@poppabusa, sorry - I wouldn't have any helpful tips other than to get the OEM wiring diagram. And wouldn't be surprised if you needed dealership programming???

#8 ·
I see that my radio has an open plug on the back that is for rear seat entertainment. Does anyone know what the part number is for the wiring harness that connects the radio to the seats for the RSE to work?

#9 ·
poppabusa said:
I see that my radio has an open plug on the back that is for rear seat entertainment. Does anyone know what the part number is for the wiring harness that connects the radio to the seats for the RSE to work?
You might want to dig a little deeper on this before you get the seats.

The radio with Nav and with Rear DVD is #23182566.
The radio with Nav and without Rear DVD is #23447567.

This is for a 2014 Nox LTZ

#10 ·
I have visually inspected my radio/nav, and found the empty port for the rear seat harness. My unit plays DVD. I think I have dug deep enough. Does anyone know what the part number is for the WIRING HARNESS that connects the radio to the seats for the RSE to work?

#13 ·
I upgrade the unit to 2014 GMC Terrian. It has UWG option with the 20 pin X3 plug. I also replace the center counsel with "2010-2014 Equinox Terrain Center Console Wiring Harness New OEM 22799328. It has the rear inputs for R/L/Video. I'm trying to use this "The CRUX WVIGM-04M but I think I need to replace my dash wiring harness with this" HARNESS. Chassis Wiring Part Number: 22843794.

#15 ·
You ever get this working ?

#16 ·
If I were to switch to the head unit that is mentioned in this thread is there any codes or reprogramming done by the dealership or can it be a direct swap? Not having any luck finding anything online under the part number aside from new, and theyre all special order and over 900$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.