GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Does anyone know ecm Pinout 2018 equinox 2.0

11K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  AndrewP15 
#1 ·
I am looking to see if anyone Possibly had a wiring diagram or schematic drawing or some kind of a diagram that shows the pin out of the 3 connectors on the ECM I am trying to hook up 85 flex fuel sensor and trying to locate which slot on the ecm x3 harness to put the pin into ? Any help is much appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
I have the Repair Manual for the 2014 Equinox that has that info.
If you think it's different, a starting point would be what the interchange is for the flex fuel sensor, for the 2014 and 2020.
If you think it will help let me know.
I believe the Sensor only has three wires so it's pretty simple.

#4 ·
Are you trying to make a non flex fuel into a flex fuel E85 ?
If so it's not going to work. There's way way more to it than just a fuel sensor.

#5 ·
Yes if you would t mind checking for me I don’t know if 2014 is the same but could be

Yes I am trying to make a non flex fuel car flex but I already have a tuner that has made a custom tune for it that enables all the alcohol tables so if I get the sensor wired up it will work

#7 ·
White wire from Pin #3 of Fuel Composition (Flex Fuel) Sensor to
Connector X1 Pin #38 of the ECM

Pin #38 of the X1 Connector in the ECM goes to a Pull Up Resistor (+)

This is for a 2014 Equinox, 2.4L and 3.6L is the same

#8 ·
Awesome thank you that’s exactly what I was wondering. The 2020 equinox has a white wire going from pin 70 of the x3 controller and a flex fuel label fuse so I guess it has a sensor stock crazy enough Pin 70 in the x3 harness is the same as pin 38 in the x1 harness on the older model it changes in 2016 I think Thanks very much !!

#9 ·
Flex vehicles have all stainless fuel lines and flex lines compatible to handle the E85. Something else you need to look into.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.