GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Adding Amp and sub to factory amp

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JH1973 
#1 ·
I own a 2015 terrain and I want to add an amp and sub to the factory radio. I followed all the posts on here and can’t get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

#2 ·
#3 ·
Please don't tap your front speakers for a signal.You will regret it because the ANC(if you have ANC) cancellation waves will taint the audio signal.The ANC system uses the front speakers and the rear subwoofer to play the cancellation waves. If you don't believe me look at the picture below. Zoom in and read all of the wording on the picture.

#6 ·
Please don't tap your front speakers for a signal.You will regret it because the ANC(if you have ANC) cancellation waves will taint the audio signal.The ANC system uses the front speakers and the rear subwoofer to play the cancellation waves.
Not completely true.
Two things. . .
1. Only the 4 cylinder Equinox/Terrian had ANC.
2. All an owner has to do is cut the ANC microphone wires. Many have done so with no ANC feeding into the front door speakers or rear subwoofer.
Your wiring harness addapters just circumvent the ANC circuit so it also results in ANC disable. . . . so then the ANC microphone and module are out of the picture.
But cutting the microphone works as well also to disable ANC.

Many have done it before any wiring harness adapter was available. . .. and cutting out the Microphone is free.

Just making sure all the cards are on the table.

#5 ·
Tons of thread on this, here is another.

#7 · (Edited)
I'm not trying to sell harnesses Jaytee and you are wrong that when using my adapters it disables the ANC. My adapters keep the ANC perfectly in tact so that the person enjoys both the ANC and a new subwoofer.

Please stop making comments that are completely false and misleading people.You've also said in another thread that the ANC only plays through the rear subwoofer which is completely false and evidenced by the picture I posted above.It plays through the front door speakers as well and on the newer ones the rear doors too.

Please do your research before you give people advice.I know you mean well and want to help out but when I see some of the things you advise and I know they are wrong I feel that I must set it straight.I've been building wiring harnesses for GM's the last several years and know the wiring schematics inside and out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.