GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

I'm stumped (2011 Equinox v6 Brakes)

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bvh763 
#1 ·
Last year I did the brakes on my wife's 2011 Equinox with Powerstop pads and rotors. Bedded them and sent her on her merry way.

It's been around six months and she was complaining about grinding noises whenever she hit her brakes. I could never reproduce the noise, but I doubt she's making crap up just to mess with me.

So today I did all four corners with new pads and rotors. Plenty of meat on all the pads, no hot spots in the rotors, nothing. The calipers looked great, the seals were still pliable. They compressed easily and smoothly. All the hardware was still well lubricated.

What else could cause a grinding noise when the brakes are applied?

After replacing all that, I did a longer than usual bedding session. In stead of 5 each at 35-10 and 45-10 I did 15 of each. Just to make sure there's nothing else going on. But I could never reproduce the grinding noise.

Wife will let me know tomorrow after her usual running around if the noise is gone. But I'm seriously stumped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.